To not understand the point of, or why indeed people go on the programme 'Secret Eaters'.

(78 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:33:29

It's so formulaic. Person(s) claims not to understand how they've put on so much weight/can't lose any weight. Person claims to consume 1500 calories a day. Person is then secretly filmed (although not that secretly filmed cos they know they're being filmed cos they're on the program) and eats plates of food the size of another person. All day long. Person is then shown the "secret footage" and person displays suitable surprise (why? they are being filmed for the program. And surely they know how and what they are eating even when they're not being filmed, unless they were drugged and taken to a kebab shop against their will.) Person then understands where they are going wrong (eating massive amounts of food) and decides not to eat massive amounts of food anymore.

Really?

Fuck off.

Samu2 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:40:22

YANBU

I think it is stupid as fuck.

Emilycee Wed 26-Mar-14 21:47:09

Lol rollergirl! YANBU!

HarderThanYouThink Wed 26-Mar-14 21:47:38

Its a ridiculous concept really

Norfolknway Wed 26-Mar-14 21:49:01

I will never forget the one where the bloke said he got a salad for his lunch and when
They filmed him he actually bought a pie and a bun and made himself a pie. Sandwich! A bloody pie sandwich!

Cakeismymaster Wed 26-Mar-14 21:49:24

The most hilarious part of it is the amazingly obvious wig that the professor guy wears

CoffeeTea103 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:49:49

Yanbu. It's unbelievable that people eat like that and wonder why they are huge, then act all shocked about it.

unintentionalthreadkiller Wed 26-Mar-14 21:49:54

I totally agree with you, it's a ridiculous concept.

moondog Wed 26-Mar-14 21:50:02

I want to know why the psychologist has suddenly decided to wear that ludicrous wig.

HarderThanYouThink Wed 26-Mar-14 21:50:38

Oh and 'what they don't know is that our secret investigators are tracking their every move'

Erm well they should do if they've seen the show before, heck we even know what these private investigators look like.

consideringadoption84 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:51:45

YANBU, I've only seen it once or twice but that sounds like the perfect description.

The one I saw had this woman watching herself at a Toby carvery and her reaction to the film was like someone watching a comedy-horror film that they'd never seen before. Something like, Her:'Oh my God, look at what I'm doing!' Show host: 'Wait till you see what comes next!' Her: 'Why? What? Oh my God, I'm going back. I don't .... I'm not .... I aaaaaam!'

So bizarre. It has to be staged.

moondog Wed 26-Mar-14 21:52:21

<guffaw>
Oddly compulsive though if only to confirm what a lumpen race we are with the gastronomic sophistication of a Great Dane .

Cakeismymaster Wed 26-Mar-14 21:53:03

grin moondog same here

Imnotmadeofeyes Wed 26-Mar-14 21:53:20

I suppose it's not much different from keeping a food diary because people really don't realise how much they're eating over the course of a day.

Jazzed up with extreme examples (of attention seekers who've signed up knowing exactly what the premise of the show is but have no other talent to get their mug on the telly) for the masses so we can all feel smug about not eating sandwiches made from half a chicken and mars bars washed down with a pint of Malibu and melted butter.

Rubberstamp Wed 26-Mar-14 21:53:51

The man that put double cream on his Special K instead of milk made my evening though.

Cakeismymaster Wed 26-Mar-14 21:54:04

Is it wrong that I watched tonight whilst eating a large cake?

HarderThanYouThink Wed 26-Mar-14 21:54:19

One person claimed they ate 1200 calories a day yet weighed about 18 stone, turns out they where eating about 3000 a day, i mean come on, how can you not realise?!

Cakeismymaster Wed 26-Mar-14 21:54:40

rubber that man was ace

moondog Wed 26-Mar-14 21:54:41

I watch aghast as they become one with the sofa, a plate of indeterminate fat and carbohydrate easy to be attacked.
So depressing.

Naiceloorollonly Wed 26-Mar-14 21:55:09

Am I the only one that sees the big table of all the terrible food they eat and thinks oh god I could eat that right now. You know the one with 30 donuts or pies, the other day it was a mountain of ice cream sundaes I nearly had to make a trip to McDonald's shock

Piscivorous Wed 26-Mar-14 21:55:19

Agree with everything said ^

Why would you volunteer to go on here if you didn't think you were a secret eater and, if you think you are, then you're not very secret anyway. The only thing worse than the psychologist's wig is Anna Richardson's awful contrived voiceovers.

moondog Wed 26-Mar-14 21:55:36

Oh yes, the cream on the Special K! Fantastic!!

Rubberstamp Wed 26-Mar-14 21:56:41

Cake - he was indeed. He inhaled hot dog sausages from the fridge every time he passed too.

Chocoholism Wed 26-Mar-14 21:56:55

gee thanks op you ruined the ending for me now! wink

That table at the end always makes so hungry!! A table full of crap looks so appealing!

Cakeismymaster Wed 26-Mar-14 21:57:01

Also the healthy jacket potato lunch of the week before...that girl had gone from 10 to 18 stone in 3 years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now