wind up

(36 Posts)
chopin33 Wed 26-Mar-14 20:46:47

I have just wound my dh to far he went balistic what do i do now i am pissed out of my skull but he wont listen to reason please help ./

JonSnowIsAProperLover Wed 26-Mar-14 20:50:02

Are you in danger???

HairyGrotter Wed 26-Mar-14 20:50:05

Sober up and have a word with yourself

whitepuddingsupper Wed 26-Mar-14 20:51:25

Was his going ballistic physical or just verbal?

Buckteethjeff Wed 26-Mar-14 20:51:59

Stop talking and go to bed. If he is violent, leave the situation and cool down

blanchedeveraux Wed 26-Mar-14 20:53:18

If you mean you think he's going to be violent, you need to leave the house and get to somewhere safe. If you're "pissed out of your skull" trust me you will not be making any sense so you are not making "reason" for him to "listen to". Talking to him whilst drunk is likely to make him more angry, so don't do it.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Wed 26-Mar-14 20:53:43

If you are pissed out of your skull then I would imagine you aren't capable of sounding reasonable so go to bed, let your DH calm down and then talk in the morning (unless of course he is being violent? In which case you need to get out of the house)

NurseyWursey Wed 26-Mar-14 20:55:22

If you can walk away from it, try to go to bed.

If you think you're in danger ring a friend or police and get out of the house.

GhettoPrincess Wed 26-Mar-14 20:56:04

You score points off him, he gets upset, you get drunk, now you're trying to reason with him, he's disgusted that you're so drunk on a weeknight, this is another thing making him cross.

Yeah, that'll work.

You would get a lot more support if you were on the receiving end of the Emotional Abuse.

Female perpetrators of abuse seem to get away with it somehow.

LegoCaltrops Wed 26-Mar-14 21:01:42

You've said you're "pissed out of your skull" and also that he "won't listen to reason". How reasonable do you think you are, really, while you are this drunk.

Go to bed, sleep it off. If you're in danger, leave the house. Try talking to him when you're sober.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 26-Mar-14 21:03:18

Pissed out of your skull doesn't necessarily mean drunk. It can be used to mean angry.

HarderThanYouThink Wed 26-Mar-14 21:03:48

Go to bed, sober up and talk in the morning.

Viviennemary Wed 26-Mar-14 21:05:09

I agree with go to bed. Anything you do in the state you're in will only make things worse.

PansOnFire Wed 26-Mar-14 21:06:00

FFS, you're drunk. Sleep it off. Leave him alone, you sound like a PITA.

pussycatdoll Wed 26-Mar-14 21:06:11

You score points off him, he gets upset, you get drunk, now you're trying to reason with him, he's disgusted that you're so drunk on a weeknight, this is another thing making him cross

How do you know all that ghettoprincess? do you know the op ?

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 26-Mar-14 21:08:37

Am I missing something? How do we know OP is drunk?

meditrina Wed 26-Mar-14 21:09:21

"pissed out of my skull" would mean 'extremely drunk' in normal British English. OP: if you mean something else, could you clarify?

I agree that drunkenness an clarity do not often go together. And how did you end up winding him up so badly?

YoniMatopoeia Wed 26-Mar-14 21:09:59

you mean pissed angry or pissed drunk?

formerbabe Wed 26-Mar-14 21:10:00

On this occasion I am going to guess 'pissed out of my skull' means drunk. Just a hunch.

HarderThanYouThink Wed 26-Mar-14 21:10:24

Wow GhettoPrincess you got all that from one brief post on a forum? confused

LegoCaltrops Wed 26-Mar-14 21:10:26

OP - do you mean drunk or really angry?

MoutardeDeDijon Wed 26-Mar-14 21:14:16

Surely pissed only means angry in the USA. From the sound of it, the OP is drunk.

MoutardeDeDijon Wed 26-Mar-14 21:14:55

And 'pissed out of my skull' is never used to mean angry.

HappyBungleBear Wed 26-Mar-14 21:17:13

Gosh... OP, you have very good typing/spelling for someone who is 'pissed out of their skull'. My typing/spelling would be horrific. What's the problem? Just go to to bed, when you wake up apologise if you need to (or remember to!). And if he needs to apologise, try to remember that too.

bobot Wed 26-Mar-14 21:17:16

"pissed off" means angry, "pissed" means drunk, surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now