To exchange my birthday present?

(7 Posts)
HalfPintPickle Wed 26-Mar-14 20:36:16

Yesterday was my birthday and the lovely people in my office clubbed together to ge me a necklace from a well known jewellery shop.
It is very pretty, but I very rarely wear a necklace outside of work and can't wear jewellery while working either.

Would I be unreasonable/ ungrateful to exchange it for something I would wear more often and get the use out of, like a ring or a charm?

They did add the gift receipt to the card.

MohammedLover Wed 26-Mar-14 20:38:46

Do it, waste not want not!

itsmeitscathy Wed 26-Mar-14 20:43:05

Change it or forever wish you had

FlumpsRule Wed 26-Mar-14 20:43:53

I would - the group thought was in the 'gifting' but the actual piece of jewellery was probably a difficult choice that one person made - and if they have added a gift receipt I would think that all your colleagues would like you to have something that you will cherish and wear; rather than keeping something that you won't wear... A simple explanation of your exchange, with a big thank you for whatever you replace it with will be appreciated I'm sure.

pluCaChange Wed 26-Mar-14 21:14:26

If you're.not able to wear the necklace, but could wear a ring at work, or on work drinks, etc., so they could witness your appreciation, such an exchange could be done very tactfully and bring them pleasure from their present!

UserNameDenied Wed 26-Mar-14 22:00:31

If the included a gift receipt they have already told you that they are lovely considerate coworkers and happy for you to exchange it.

CoffeeTea103 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:02:11

Do it, if anyone provides a gift receipt I take it as a sign that they wouldn't mind if you changed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now