to think dh is being daft

(16 Posts)
coolcookie Wed 26-Mar-14 15:11:20

I wear glasses. Dh does not. We have a 17 month old who is still breastfed so is in my arms alot. Said toddler has trashed my glasses. When I told dh this I was told to keep him away from new pair.
Aibu to think this is impossible.
Minor I know

wheresthelight Wed 26-Mar-14 15:13:11

It's impossible!! both dp and I wear glasses and our 7mo is forever eating them! I have bought her some sunglasses of her own!

Can you wear contacts?

ooerrmissus Wed 26-Mar-14 15:13:25

YANBU. Unless you have arms like Mr Tickle and boobs that you push around in a wheelbarrow.

Eatriskier Wed 26-Mar-14 15:15:34

YANBU.

When DD was 18m she broke DH's glasses. I caught her sitting on the loo the other day wearing mine (I was in contacts at the time), guess where they went when I startled her hmm

HumphreyCobbler Wed 26-Mar-14 15:15:42

Of course it is impossible

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 26-Mar-14 15:15:49

DD2 trashed mine.

She grabbed them and did the fastest baby crawl in the West under the table were she mangled them.

Luckily I was booked in for laser surgery a few days later.

I don't think there's much you can do.

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 26-Mar-14 15:22:55

Yep, he's being daft. It's just one of those things. I actually managed to get away with it with my first two, (absolutely luck over judgement) and was caught out by my third. And after a 17 year break had them accidentally knocked off by my niece last year.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 26-Mar-14 15:30:50

Impossible. This is why I now buy the insurance at the opticians whenever I need a new pair.

Ilikepancakes Wed 26-Mar-14 22:20:34

You wasn't be able to keep him away from them while breastfeeding - his arms are only going to grow longer! Could you wear contacts? My DP has those glasses with the super-flexible frames, they're fairly hardy.

fairylightsintheloft Wed 26-Mar-14 23:05:58

I have managed to keep mine intact through two babies / toddlers. Its one of the very definite NOs that we instigated very early on. When they are small enough not to understand, they are small enough to get the glasses away from them.

PicaK Thu 27-Mar-14 13:08:11

When I bought a new pair they sold insurance for accidental damage.

Is impossible to keep kids off them IMO.

PicaK Thu 27-Mar-14 13:08:24

When I bought a new pair they sold insurance for accidental damage.

Is impossible to keep kids off them IMO.

RedFocus Thu 27-Mar-14 13:14:17

I switched to contacts because when they flayed their little arms about they always caught my glasses and it fecking hurt. Luckily they are older now and so I can wear glasses more often as contacts aren't cheap enough to wear all the time sad not my ones anyway.
I would love laser eye surgery but don't you need to have at least 2 years were your prescription hasn't changed or something?

Purplepoodle Thu 27-Mar-14 13:38:39

Iv three kids under 5 and guess I'm lucky as mine have never broke my glasses. They are allowed to touch or play with them.

JennyOnAPlate Thu 27-Mar-14 14:01:26

I'm on the fence. Dh wears glasses and his have survived 2 dc so far (ages 4 and 6). He's always been very strict about them not touching his glasses because we would really struggle to find the money to replace them.

It would have been harder if I wore glasses though due to bf and being their main carer.

TheRealAmandaClarke Thu 27-Mar-14 14:35:35

He is talking nonsense.
Send him to bed without supper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now