To think Jo Whiley should stop repeating her name?

(55 Posts)
vexedfoxy Wed 26-Mar-14 05:54:17

Is it me or does Jo Whiley...that is Jo Whiley tell us who she is every 30 seconds? 'I am Jo Whiley...join me later..cos I a Jo Whiley...............

PerpendicularVince Thu 27-Mar-14 23:15:39

DH and I find her immensely irritating. She name drops constantly, stuff like 'last night I was at Mike's house. That's Michael Stipe you know'.

She also has crap phone ins, I've thought she was rubbish ever since she did one about flip flops. Really, who gives a shit what Bob from Manchester wears on his feet?

And <continues rant> when Prison Break was on, someone texted in asking the RL names of the characters in Prison Break. Cue 'The names are X and Y, remember you heard them here first on the JO WHILEY show. Yes, the JO WHILEY show'.

My problems with this are a) Use google, don't encourage her inane ramblings and b) Most people won't have heard this first on the JO WHILEY show.

<breathes>

squoosh Thu 27-Mar-14 23:18:39

That programme is cringetastic although she hasn't changed much has she?

ZenNudist Thu 27-Mar-14 23:28:49

Loving the JW hatred. I've hated her since c1995 when she did the evening sessions with Steve Lamaque. Loved the show/ the music, hated the presenters (admits to blatant jealousy).

She's always seemed fairly inoffensive since then, sort of bland and unremarkable.

I've realised I don't like many djs anyway. Sara Cox is great, don't mind Fearne cotton wittering on, don't like that newer female R1 DJ. The blokes are awful. Scott mills, Greg whatsisface and morning ponceyboy who loves himself are the best of it. That huw guy and the Matt edmundson require me to turn over ASAP.

I flick between R1 & xfm when I'm not playing my own music.

flipchart Thu 27-Mar-14 23:34:39

I like most of the DH's on radio 1 and 2 except for Steve Wright.

However I mostly listen to Planet Rock. I love wyatt, Darren Reddick , Paul Anthony etc etc. best radio station EVER!

bionic77 Thu 27-Mar-14 23:39:35

I sat next to her in a cafe not so long ago. She was talking to someone who was either her agent or producer and boy was she whining. She seemed quite needy. I think she was moaning about how much work she wasn't getting or something.

I've never been that keen on her so made a point of not acknowledging I recognised her. Bet that showed her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now