To rehome this dog?

(29 Posts)
lesbican Mon 24-Mar-14 14:10:13

Hi all, don't jump on me if you disagree, it is simply a question and I have not decided on anything as yet! Hence the reason I am asking for advice.

A friend of mine takes her dogs racing and has met a guy there (not romatically), upon visiting his house he took her to show her his female Lurcher.

She is kept outside, has not been speyed and isn't being treated very great. She seems very underweight.

My friend removed the dog from his house immediately and he did not put up a fight, explaining he didn't want to breed her anyway (!)

She knows I love dogs but I am unable to have one as I work 9-5.

However, surely being alone in my warm dry house is better than being kept alone outside in this weather, underfed etc?

Of course she would have huge walks morning and night and join me on my weekend hikes and camping.

But also I know I would feel guilty leaving her, guess I'm looking at it like rescuing her and giving her lots of love.

Not to mention what with her having living outside she probably isn't house trained.

What do we think?

Ohbyethen Mon 24-Mar-14 17:19:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohbyethen Mon 24-Mar-14 17:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crinkle77 Mon 24-Mar-14 17:39:27

My sister has a lurcher and he is the laziest thing ever. He is quite happy to spend all day on his own and just sleeps all day. If you take him out for a walk he will run round like a mad thing for about 10 mins and then after about 30 mins will start nudging your leg as he wants to come home. But as others have said each dog is different so

AndreasVesalius Mon 24-Mar-14 18:42:18

I have a now 15 year-old rescued lurcher. I got him at 7 months, he had never been inside before. The first time he was left for 15 minutes he chewed my door frames. He is now okay to be left for about 4 hours but then he starts to cry for me.

He is a couch potato. He used to walk for about an hour a day, mainly just sniffing, then come home and fly around the house. Other than that he slept. Now he can only manage a 15 minute walk but he still runs around the house at speed. He follows me everywhere - I haven't peed without him in the bathroom for 15 years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now