To not get no make-up nomination?

(57 Posts)
losercruiser Tue 18-Mar-14 20:01:06

Everyone knows what neknomination is, and now no make-up nomination is doing the rounds.

Whilst I think it's good to be confident to post a photo of your completely bare and natural face.

The purpose is it to raise awareness of cancer. Which I can't for the life of me see how this does.

Aibu to just not get the point of it?

this says far more and far better than any make up game thing if video pauses just click on the photo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsWVfdjKvBE

BeyondRepair Wed 19-Mar-14 12:09:30

Yes I have been nominated, I dont care about the no make up thing I care about the whole face being on there at all thing, I have not had an image of me on FB for many years ( weight gain) I am just ignoring it.

Joysmum Wed 19-Mar-14 12:14:01

Yes I have been nominated, I dont care about the no make up thing I care about the whole face being on there at all thing, I have not had an image of me on FB for many years ( weight gain) I am just ignoring it.

Don't ignore if it's something you believe in!

I didn't do a selfie but I did put the message up to remind women to check their breasts and a link to just giving for breast cancer campaign.

The majority have just posted selfies, nothing else. I have only seen 2 other people link to the just giving donation page and NOBODY had reminded about checking yourself TODAY!

The selfie is what people are focussing on when it's the message that counts.

Minorchristmascrisis Wed 19-Mar-14 12:14:37

I've just posted a link to the cancer research donation page...

ScarletRedRose Wed 19-Mar-14 12:33:16

I too have included a link to the Cancer Research text donation site, donated and then did a no make up selfie.

I hate selfies and very rarely wear make up anyway but as my mum is currently battling a not very well known cancer, I'm all for it.
As long as there is a donation as well as pic I think it's great.

Cancer Research have posted on their Facebook page to say that while it wasn't their idea they fully support it and have also linked to the donation page.

MostlyMama Wed 19-Mar-14 12:44:08

I have just put up a status saying that basically if you want to raise awareness of cancer, donate to Cancer Research or similar!! A selfie will do sod all, and to prove I am not all mouth either (as some on my FB will probably try to say) I have made a donation myself - only £2, but better than a pissing selfie!!

Joysmum Wed 19-Mar-14 12:50:18

In which case, the campaign is working because even those of us who aren't doing selfies are getting involved.

this proves the campaign has worked. Don't forget to check your breasts for abnormalities too. That's the main message we should be giving through all of this as it's something everybody could, and should do wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now