To like tea even more out of a flask?

(27 Posts)
hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 18:39:25

Is it because it's just the right temperature?

Or the fact I am more grateful for it when I am out?

Or the unique taste the flask imparts?

Anyway it is lovely smile

Procrastinating Tue 18-Mar-14 18:41:07

YABU. Vile.

turkeyboots Tue 18-Mar-14 18:42:29

YABVVVU. Blerugh gives me the shivers to even think about.

UnicornCrisps Tue 18-Mar-14 18:42:37

I prefer tea reheated, I think it's the joy of it being pretty much instant.

hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 18:43:45

I knew that's what you would say, but you are so wrong and flask tea is so right grin [slurp] brew

cozietoesie Tue 18-Mar-14 18:43:59

It's the context of the drink - just as chips are best when you're eating them in the street on a wet night after coming out of the swimming baths.

nicename Tue 18-Mar-14 18:44:34

Weirdo. Yuk. My sister makes a cuppa with the teabag in the cup and adds the milk before taking the teabag out. She is a great disapointment in the family.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 18-Mar-14 18:46:29

If I need to use a flask I take the milk separately it makes the tea taste funny if it all sits in together.

AlpacaLypse Tue 18-Mar-14 18:49:23

Objectively I know it tastes nicer freshly made.

However, my Thermos remains my best Christmas present ever. Today I had a lovely cup of tea after a very wind-blown walk over Salisbury Plain with a small pack of rescue Retrievers, and it tasted truly divine.

The large chunk of chocolate brownie I'd brought too wasn't bad either smile

UnicornCrisps Tue 18-Mar-14 18:50:07

What's wrong with leaving the teabag in?

kelda Tue 18-Mar-14 18:50:51

YANBU. Although I have to admit to using the thermos with instant coffee. I could not cope with all of the long journeys we go on with the children, without my flask.

HadABadDay2014 Tue 18-Mar-14 18:51:33

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001MX9D6G

You need this smile

I only use flasks for soup to take to work as I hate tea/coffee from a flask.

hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 18:53:03

There is something in what cozie and alpaca say about context- chips at the seaside and all that.

But we had our power cut off for a couple hours recently and I made a big flask of tea to see us through, and it was delicious even in the normality of my own kitchen.

JennyBendy Tue 18-Mar-14 18:54:18

YANBU at all. I make a flask of tea before bed and then it's just right the next morning and gets me through till my 11am coffee. I also own a caravan incidentally.

hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 18:57:12

I have a soup flask, a tea flask, a large tea flask, a travel mug for tea and a couple for coffee too.

Not to mention a multitude of lunchboxes and those 'biscuits for one' tubs from lakeland. I like to be prepared blush

cozietoesie Tue 18-Mar-14 19:00:02

Prepared for what?

I have this vision of you waving teabags at a horde of oncoming flesh eating zombies.

hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 19:04:02

I'm not sure there is any point trying to be prepared for zombie attack.

I know my limits. I am prepared for:

rain- umbrella and coat
cold- gloves and jumper
being a bit peckish- apple and biscuit
needing a cup of tea- flask of tea

CremeEggThief Tue 18-Mar-14 19:06:44

YABU. I go without it, if it's in a flask or vacuum cup. Ugh!

hugoagogo Tue 18-Mar-14 19:08:58

Can you tell I am putting off writing my essay?

CrohnicallyChanging Tue 18-Mar-14 19:49:16

Maybe the zombies only want a nice cup of tea and are annoyed because they've forgotten how to use the kettle? Or because they have no biscuits to dunk? Waving tea (and possibly a biscuit, if you haven't eaten it already) at them has got to be worth a try, surely?

AlpacaLypse Tue 18-Mar-14 20:11:23

If the zombies are anything like IamTheZombie, MN's very own undead regular poster, she'll probably drop a limb trying to grab your teabags. And biscuits.

Now go and write your essay woman!

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Tue 18-Mar-14 20:17:03

I have to say coffee tastes so much better from a flask, so I can see where you are coming from OP. I used to have a mini flask for coffee when I was a student and I loved having a nice cuppa between lectures.
One of these is what you need!

CannyBagOfTudor Tue 18-Mar-14 20:19:01

My flask has a compartment for milk in the stopper bit so you don't have to add the milk until you're ready to drink it

<preen>

JennyBendy Tue 18-Mar-14 22:00:24

Mmmmm Lakeland! And the Bettaware catalogue!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Tue 18-Mar-14 22:04:57

Really? I hate it, it's changed its taste completely for me when it's out of a flash... but, if you enjoy it then - brewgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now