to think that the Nutella people have an inflated sense of their own importance?

(33 Posts)
cashewfrenzy Tue 18-Mar-14 16:34:47

On the site if the jar it says that it wants to celebrate by sharing "unique Nutella stories" ... Apparently there's a special moment behind each slide of bread with Nutella.

Am I missing something?

My special unique moments involve hiding in the kitchen, mumbling to the kids that they can watch more cartoons if they leave me alone for a minute, eating it off a spoon. Hardly treasured special moments hmm

SavoyCabbage Wed 19-Mar-14 20:49:29

Notso, is he allergic to all nuts? If not you could make some using different nuts. There is a recipe on taste.com.

When dd went on school camp last year we had crunchy nut cornflakes, peanut butter and satay chicken.

HeeHiles Wed 19-Mar-14 20:55:51

Nutella is banned in my house because of their use of Palm Oil - Stop buying Please!!! Rain Forests are being destroyed and animals driven to near extinction sad

deakymom Wed 19-Mar-14 21:31:51

i really dont think nutella belongs with bread i just eat it with a spoon grin

We were allowed it very rarely as children. My mother used to buy the little individual pots like you get Philadelphia in so that we could have it at Christmas. So it was special for us. We generally have a pot in the cupboard now but very rarely use it and I never give it to the children, they don't even really know it's there. I just stir a smudge into my porridge in secret.

ifyourehoppyandyouknowit Wed 19-Mar-14 21:40:33

Nutella spread on a digestive biscuit.

DoItTooJulia Wed 19-Mar-14 21:47:19

I bought cadburys chocolate spread as I was catering for kids and wanted a nut free buffet. It was rank. Nutella tastes much better!

SlightlyDampWellies Wed 19-Mar-14 21:50:31

No, scoop nutella on a spoon. Put spoon in whole into a cup of milky coffee. Let heat do its work, at the end of the coffee eat now softened spoon of nutella.

You are welcome.

McFlurry Wed 19-Mar-14 21:58:57

Lidl Choco Nussa. 750g jar. £2. Nicer than Nutella and apparently no palm oil. AND spreads more easily.

Not what Nutella's marketing department wants to hear though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now