my mad fat diary

(11 Posts)
wonderingsoul Tue 18-Mar-14 12:11:01

am i the only one who really relates to rae.. esp season 1 ep two, where shes staring into t he mirror and she unzips her self.

iv just started watching it, im torn to wanting to cry and never watch it again.. to loving it.

JuliaScurr Tue 18-Mar-14 12:18:03

I love it - anything dealing with teenage girls, sexuality, insecurity in a sensitive but not sentimental way has to be good

householdchorewhore Tue 18-Mar-14 12:18:18

YABU to start a non-AIBU thread in AIBU.

Telly addicts are that way -->>>>

householdchorewhore Tue 18-Mar-14 12:24:17

(But yes I like it too but haven't seen the second series. Thought first one was great)

Ragglefrock Tue 18-Mar-14 12:30:31

It's my life exactly - same age same experiences. I veer between loving it and finding it disturbing

Pandsbear Tue 18-Mar-14 12:54:36

I love it but have to watch some of it with hands over eyes as it is excruciating (in a good way).

wonderingsoul Tue 18-Mar-14 18:21:09

your right it should have in chat. i will ask to move it.

MarysDressSways Tue 18-Mar-14 18:48:12

I love it. I was the same age in 1996, loved the same music and was overweight so I can really relate in parts. She's a lot cooler than I was though!

moodyblue Tue 18-Mar-14 19:55:51

I love it but there's always at least one bit each episode that has me in floods of tears as it taps in to some memory or other sad

wonderingsoul Tue 18-Mar-14 20:49:46

moody.. yes... i think iv cried on and off all day..

esp where shes dating fin at collage but cant bare to be seen with him. because people would wonder why hes with her.
i can remebr hiding when an ex wanted to intuerduce me to one of his friends in a shop, i heard him call me but i hid and pretended i didnt hear him .. the even more pathetic thing was. i was 26.

TheHorseDentist Tue 18-Mar-14 22:47:56

I am 100% Rae. I even went to the same college. Some scenes hit a little too hard for me to watch so I now get my OH to pre screen the episodes for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now