to think this is a sign im old?

(18 Posts)
CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 16:21:23

It is im sure of it.

Ive booked a chiropractors appointment. my back is fucking agony.

earliest I can get in is weds. until then i shall complain loudly soldier on.

Woe is me. Im only 27, I feel 87. its these bloody kids. It really bastarding hurts. sad sad

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 17-Mar-14 16:23:22

No you're not old. You're 27.
HTH grin

Seeline Mon 17-Mar-14 16:25:38

I first did my back in at 16 - backs are not ageist in any way grin
Hope it works!

CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 16:44:32

oh good im not decrepid just faulty haha! backs are non ageist bastards. so are hips! argh.

if it doesnt work I May die not dramatic AT ALL

TheListingAttic Mon 17-Mar-14 16:47:59

Well, your capital letters are rather scarce and apostrophes non-existent, which is a definite indication of youth as far as my experience goes. grin

Sorry you're suffering, and hope the appointment helps when it finally happens.

5Foot5 Mon 17-Mar-14 16:50:03

I don't see bad backs as a sign of aging. However, I think my friend has a useful definition to do with falling.

When you are old you "have a fall". Until then you just fall over.

TheBody Mon 17-Mar-14 16:56:14

5Foot5 that's funny will remember that one.

op my lumbago and sciatica struck at 14, I am now 50! backs are bastard things.

dds teens suffer too but my dh and dss don't.

hope you get relief soon.

CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 17:17:01

I assure you with the typing its pain and fat thumb / phone related!

I honestly cant imagine what I will do if this is long term, I could cry now as it hurts so much!sad

sunbathe Mon 17-Mar-14 17:19:19

Could you see your GP for some painkillers?

CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 17:37:25

The GP will only see me as routine which wont be until friday at the earliest sad

Marylou62 Mon 17-Mar-14 17:42:16

I know you didn't ask for advise on your back...but will you listen to someone nearly twice your age??? Ok to stop reading now if I am out of line!!! I had a really really really bad back from 18 onwards as trained as a nurse and hurt it lifting 22 stone patient. ALL my 30s, I was very disabled and crippled by back pain and had to have 2 painkillers and volterol to do housework! I couldn't even put my knickers on!!! I spent nearly a month on my side 36 weeks pregnant with DC2. Spent a fortune on osteopaths etc. (worth it but not 'cured'), A friend dragged me to yoga...I was very resistant as couldn't be bothered with all that 'mmmmmmm' stuff. Well let me tell you...it completely changed my life!! (pilates would work as well). I realize now that my back was weak as I was protecting it. Its all about 'inner core muscles'...I know...I know...load of twaddle for some. I have been pain free for 15 years and honestly not a day goes by when I am not thankful. And whilst I will always be thinking of all the things I should be doing when I'm supposed to be 'clearing my mind', I would thouroughly recommend it. If I do get backache, I just spend half hour doing basic yoga.... 'WD40 for my spine' I call it. Wish someone had told me at your age. I really feel for you. Good luck.

CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 17:44:56

ohh well you know I hadnt even considered that, I will definitely look into it!

Objection Mon 17-Mar-14 18:04:24

I'm 23 and need a double hip replacement.
I also prefer tea over alcohol, early nights and movies over going out and genuinely get exited about matching crockery

Join the line!grin

Objection Mon 17-Mar-14 18:05:06

Jesus Christ, I'm 22 not 23 - just remembered.
I think that in itself proves i'm getting old sad

CunningAtBothEnds Mon 17-Mar-14 18:14:56

me too! I am embracing it! not the back though!

Marylou62 Mon 17-Mar-14 18:21:42

Please do!! I went for weeks and felt so much better even just 3 weeks in. After that I bought Rosemary Conley (I think) Video (that's how old I am!!). and did it at home after taking her advice about feet/hands/hip positions etc. I'm not joking, it changed my life. Must say tho...I think the osteo did help and got me to a stage where I could do the yoga. Good Luck

My Sciatica first flared up at 17 (I'm 30)...it's a pain in the ASS

Even more so when you're made to feel like a fucking junkie trying to get painkillers from the doctor...

"You're FAR too young to have such bad back problems <<grumble>>"

CunningAtBothEnds Tue 18-Mar-14 11:44:28

im scared its sciatica! i suppose i shall know more tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now