To be a bit unsure how to take this

(85 Posts)
catgirl1976 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:00:36

My work has recently furbished the ladies loos with baskets containing deodorant, perfume, hairspray, bobble, kirby grips, dry shampoo, tampax and a range of other beauty products and toiletries such as hand cream and mouthwash.

I am sure it's coming from a nice place but I was slightly hmm as there is nothing similar in the mens loos. Still the tampax come in handy when you get caught short and after a garlicy lunch the mouthwash is no bad thing.

But today, I have gone for a wee and they have now added a little basket of fanjo wipes and deodorant in the actual cubicles.

I have issues with an industry that tries to convince women their vaginas are smelly and dirty as it is, but having them provided at work seems really odd.

Would anyone else be a bit confused by this, or would they just spray their fanny with gay abandon and be a more productive employee knowing they now had rampant thrush a lady garden that smelt like a summer meadow?

Sovaysovay Fri 21-Mar-14 14:08:40

It'll all be nicked in a week, then they'll stop.

TheVictorian Fri 21-Mar-14 13:27:27

Op Any new information about why your loo had the basket in it?

NachoAddict Mon 17-Mar-14 21:20:42

I an jealous, we have nothing in our loo.

Add in some glitter hairspray, then the fanjos can smell flowery and have sparkly pubes.

UncleT Mon 17-Mar-14 21:20:30

Have you considered that maybe the blokes have a case for being pissed off at not being similarly provided with nice aftershave and toiletries? That aside, while I don't necessarily think it's a huge problem, it does sound like someone has an obsession with feminine hygiene at your place of work.

horsetowater Mon 17-Mar-14 21:12:47

Bless Fellas and their Manatomy smile they've gone bankrupt or are 'on hold' until they secure funding. Why? Because the packets were hard to open, people didn't like the orange smell and the towels were too small.

It looks like we might be in for a chance with our "Netherwipes" after all. I think we should do small, medium or large and they should be unisex.

NurseyWursey Mon 17-Mar-14 21:10:45

I'd be tempted to nip into the gents and lay out some things. Any ideas what?

Dental dams, flavoured condoms and one breath mint.

There most definitely ARE penis wipes, they're called Fellas ... I only know this as a friend sent OH some for a joke (I hope grin) once!

crazyspaniel Mon 17-Mar-14 19:56:13

Add some curanail as well. It's going to be sandal season soon and you don't want the laydeez flashing their fungal toenails.

Monetbyhimself Mon 17-Mar-14 19:16:34

Flip flops. For when your heels are a killing but you know if you take them off it's game over.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 17-Mar-14 19:15:45

Well yes, given that it's usually the gents' that reeks. (How do I know, you ask? I have to lock up one of each at the end of a shift on the weekend. I can't even stick my head in the gents' room to see if the light is on without holding my breath. The ladies' is generally fine unless someone has changed a baby and put the residue in the nappy bin, and even then the gents' would give them a good run for their money. Different reek anyway; the baby pooh is more... wholesome.)

catgirl1976 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:12:39

Tomorrow I am adding canestan, condoms and chicken fillets smile

TheVictorian Mon 17-Mar-14 19:03:32

Certainly seems odd that its just the women's loos that have been upgraded.

You are so spoiled op,where I used to work I was lucky if I could sit on the loo seat before liberally spraying it with anti-bac spray grin

I was the only woman there though,so if I installed another loo roll,heads would roll gringrin

horsetowater Mon 17-Mar-14 18:35:25

Some canesten cream might come in handy.

Pheonixisrising Mon 17-Mar-14 18:33:47

sod the mars bar , I would insist on godiva chocolates at least

I now have a vision of people selectively dropping pens near women desks just so they can have a little sniff

I hope you don't find the stinky minky , your treats could go , mind you , you could then invest in a few prawns / tins of cat food

MrsBonkers Mon 17-Mar-14 18:24:27

It could be like geocaching, you take something out, but replace it with something.

I also think HR have just been putting in what they happen to have lying around at home

YouTheCat Mon 17-Mar-14 18:13:32

Chuck in a mars bar for those pmt days. grin

francesdrake Mon 17-Mar-14 18:07:52

Why not turn it into a popular office game and remove one item each day? People have to guess what's missing. children's parties were very boring in the 1980s

YouTheCat Mon 17-Mar-14 18:00:05

I think you should add poultry and also a d20. grin

Crinkle77 Mon 17-Mar-14 17:59:52

I would be made up if my work put loads of beauty products in the loos. Just be greatful.

puppadompreach Mon 17-Mar-14 17:58:35

Breath spray
Set of sixteen-sided dungeons & dragons dice
Cheap Towie bronzer
Athlete's foot cream
Support stockings
Chicken fillets (bra inserts, not actual poultry)

YouTheCat Mon 17-Mar-14 17:46:30

Add a couple of herbal teabags.

And a soap-on-a-rope. grin

Snapespeare Mon 17-Mar-14 17:42:47

tena lady

(With no judgement on anyone who does have a weak bladder, my pelvic floor has seen far better days and when combined with a repetitive cough, it's no fun for anyone...)

MrsRuffdiamond Mon 17-Mar-14 17:33:35

How about some breath freshener spray?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now