To be a bit unsure how to take this

(85 Posts)
catgirl1976 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:00:36

My work has recently furbished the ladies loos with baskets containing deodorant, perfume, hairspray, bobble, kirby grips, dry shampoo, tampax and a range of other beauty products and toiletries such as hand cream and mouthwash.

I am sure it's coming from a nice place but I was slightly hmm as there is nothing similar in the mens loos. Still the tampax come in handy when you get caught short and after a garlicy lunch the mouthwash is no bad thing.

But today, I have gone for a wee and they have now added a little basket of fanjo wipes and deodorant in the actual cubicles.

I have issues with an industry that tries to convince women their vaginas are smelly and dirty as it is, but having them provided at work seems really odd.

Would anyone else be a bit confused by this, or would they just spray their fanny with gay abandon and be a more productive employee knowing they now had rampant thrush a lady garden that smelt like a summer meadow?

Monetbyhimself Mon 17-Mar-14 19:16:34

Flip flops. For when your heels are a killing but you know if you take them off it's game over.

crazyspaniel Mon 17-Mar-14 19:56:13

Add some curanail as well. It's going to be sandal season soon and you don't want the laydeez flashing their fungal toenails.

There most definitely ARE penis wipes, they're called Fellas ... I only know this as a friend sent OH some for a joke (I hope grin) once!

Dental dams, flavoured condoms and one breath mint.

NurseyWursey Mon 17-Mar-14 21:10:45

I'd be tempted to nip into the gents and lay out some things. Any ideas what?

horsetowater Mon 17-Mar-14 21:12:47

Bless Fellas and their Manatomy smile they've gone bankrupt or are 'on hold' until they secure funding. Why? Because the packets were hard to open, people didn't like the orange smell and the towels were too small.

It looks like we might be in for a chance with our "Netherwipes" after all. I think we should do small, medium or large and they should be unisex.

UncleT Mon 17-Mar-14 21:20:30

Have you considered that maybe the blokes have a case for being pissed off at not being similarly provided with nice aftershave and toiletries? That aside, while I don't necessarily think it's a huge problem, it does sound like someone has an obsession with feminine hygiene at your place of work.

NachoAddict Mon 17-Mar-14 21:20:42

I an jealous, we have nothing in our loo.

Add in some glitter hairspray, then the fanjos can smell flowery and have sparkly pubes.

TheVictorian Fri 21-Mar-14 13:27:27

Op Any new information about why your loo had the basket in it?

Sovaysovay Fri 21-Mar-14 14:08:40

It'll all be nicked in a week, then they'll stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now