I suspect my slippers want me dead.

(17 Posts)
SunnyL Mon 17-Mar-14 15:04:19

I have a pair of sainsbury's slippers that tried to kill me and my unborn child when I was 3 months pregnant. Slippers threw me down the stairs for bouncing too cheerfully down the stairs.

I had no idea it was endemic. I have slippers from next now. Next is boring right?

MunchMunch Mon 17-Mar-14 15:02:24

I bought ds2 a cheapo pair of sainsbury trainers for nursery, they were bloody lethal! The sole was a hard plastic that just skidded on any surface. He ran into dad's school a few weeks back and the ground was wet so he fell over backwards I thought he'd cracked his skull open -luckily there was no injury only him being embarrassed.

I've now bought him a new pair of Nike with a rubbery sole and was going to take the others back but lost my receipt.

HoneyDragon Mon 17-Mar-14 15:00:34

I think we were mistaken to worry about zombies. The slippers will get us first!

Stompeez are already trying to cause mass bankruptcy through, ads causing pester power, then being hugely overpriced then being so impractical you go and buy normal ones.

Petal02 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:58:53

The combined efforts of Slippers That Were A Bit Too Loose and a giddy kitten who liked to zig zag up and down the stairs, nearly caused a fatality for me recently. Assassin Slippers and Killer Kitten.

Voerendaal Mon 17-Mar-14 14:52:56

OMG I never realised slippers were so dangerous. My M&S ones seem okay but I will keep my eye on them.

My Primark ones aren't slippy but they seem to be impregnated with some form of dog lure. The puppies follow me obsessively whenever I'm wearing them.

newestbridearound Mon 17-Mar-14 14:49:01

I was watching morning telly years ago and they were talking about weird freak accidents that happen, apparently slippers are responsible for several injuries/deaths a year.

<eyes them suspiciously>

HoneyDragon Mon 17-Mar-14 14:44:45

But they were fine. And then they weren't <<wails>>

They were purchased because my lovely years of service Uggs were finally unfit for use (the sole fell off)

Interesting TSSDNCOP, your Sainsbury's slippers want you dead too, but Ikea ones are apparently ok. But I can't stand Ikea, even for non sociopathic footwear.

supadupapupascupa Mon 17-Mar-14 14:44:42

my slipper broke my toe a few weeks ago. i fell down a few steps on the stairs. well i slipped, slipper remained still and crushed my toe :-(

TSSDNCOP Mon 17-Mar-14 14:40:42

I have a pair of Sainsbury slippers that are grey fabric mules.

They literally fly off my feet, and at random moments. I can just be walking along the hall and "flickiity flick" slipper flies off. Coming down stairs and "woah" slipper flies off. I then catch up with the slipper and go arse over tit over it.

I have concluded they are incompatible with the soles of my feet.

Rooble Mon 17-Mar-14 14:37:43

Bin them. Seriously, bin them. I slipped on the stairs wearing (crappy) White Company lethally slippy slippers and broke DS's leg - then aged 6mo because I held onto him too tight (for fear of dropping him down the stairs).
Had to be questioned by SS because it was so unusual for a non-mobile baby to have a broken limb. Hideous time - I now only wear grippy Uggs or bare feet.

SoleSource Mon 17-Mar-14 14:30:49

£2.00 each with an Ikea Family Card.

SoleSource Mon 17-Mar-14 14:30:00

Ikea slippers have fabulous grip soles. £3.00 each. I love mine.

HoneyDragon Mon 17-Mar-14 13:51:53

shock omg! is this sainsburys new trade policy, "If we can't have you a a customer, no one can....mwah ha hah ha haaa"

My OFR is prepared for Zombies not Sainsburys.

NinjaBunny Mon 17-Mar-14 13:49:06

Sainsbury's want everybody dead.

sad

NorwegianBirdhouse Mon 17-Mar-14 13:47:57

Ha Ha. Lots of my indoor footwear is deadly. Probably cos I don't spend much on it, but I am sure there must be loads of accidents, like when your slipper comes flying off and heads down the stairs before you.

HoneyDragon Mon 17-Mar-14 13:35:18

They are three weeks old and woolly ballerina affairs from Sainsburys. They have been marvellous until this weekend.

I am now skidding uncontrollably around the house. The soles look fine, they have grippy bits. I'm even skidding on the bloody carpet.

AIBU to think Sainsbury's have sold me assassin slippers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now