To be put off by this?

(545 Posts)
DomesticDisgrace Sat 15-Mar-14 23:39:55

Please tell me I'm being unreasonable! I met this really really lovely guy today and I was hoping he'd ask me out because we hit it off instantly! When I came home he did and I was absolutely delighted, we decided on the cinema and he texted saying "I'll book the tickets, can you look after the grub?"
I can't help but be really put off by him now, I'm disgusted with myself blush
I haven't been on a date in about six years as I was with my ex and he wasn't working for the majority of our relationship so I'm super scared of ending up with a stinge (this guy is working by the way)

Am I being horrible? It's really put me off him!

BobPatSamandIgglePiggle Tue 18-Mar-14 19:50:47

Hope it's going well!!

LizSurly Tue 18-Mar-14 21:23:38

Yeh :-)

Report back.

DomesticDisgrace Tue 18-Mar-14 22:54:30

I'm home!!

Aw God it went really well!
I know some of you will think this is ott but he bought me flowers, a book, sweets for my DD and a scratch card (!?)
He bought me coffee when I arrived and we yapped the ears off each other non stop and really did gel very well.
When we finished our coffees I just said "a popcorn combo yeah?" Going to the popcorny place and he said yeah please. It turns out a "popcorn combo" is just a medium popcorn and a drink!! Not half as exciting as I'd imagined!
Oh yeah I forgot, with the coffees he bought two mini bakewell tarts wink
Definitely loves his grub as he asked did I want to go for dinner somewhere afterwards, but I didn't want to leave my dad too long (and wasn't hungry)

He walked me home with no promting and even when I said Ah you can leave me here etc he wouldn't hear of it.
He asked me to go see a football match on Monday which I would love but don't want to ask my dad to babysit again so soon so we're going for drinks the weekend after next as I'm going away the weekend coming.

I'm so glad I went now!!

YouTheCat Tue 18-Mar-14 22:56:24

That sounds really positive.

He definitely doesn't sound like a cheapskate.

squoosh Tue 18-Mar-14 22:57:06

Hurrah!

He's not mean, far from it it seems, just loves a snack. That's quite a list of gifts he brought for you.

expatinscotland Tue 18-Mar-14 22:58:28

Great stuff!!!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 18-Mar-14 22:59:37

awwwwwwwwww sweet

LizSurly Tue 18-Mar-14 23:05:09

aw! glad it went well. He sounds like he really likes you! do you have a babysitter? is the football match an afternoon thing?

i want to go on a date now

phantomnamechanger Tue 18-Mar-14 23:09:31

aww lovely, enjoy, he sounds nice

Preciousbane Tue 18-Mar-14 23:12:43

How lovely and bakewell tarts are one of my favourites.

DomesticDisgrace Tue 18-Mar-14 23:15:08

No the football match starts at 8pm on the other side of the city so I'd be asking my dad to babysit from about 6.30pm to 11.30pm and even though he's very much "Oh ask any time" etc I don't like to take advantage or to make it a really regular thing.
Plus I think I'd enjoy a few drinks on a night DD is with her dad.

God it's mad how that one bloody text made him seem (to me) like a cheapskate but that doesn't seem to be the way he is at all!

Qix Wed 19-Mar-14 00:00:21

Ooooh, lovely!

Dillydollydaydream Wed 19-Mar-14 07:36:58

Ah glad the date went well. He sounds lovely. Maybe he's been lurking on this thread getting pointers wink

Aeroflotgirl Wed 19-Mar-14 07:51:52

Well done, he does sound lovely. I am glad you saw passed his comment abiut getting the grub in

Gen35 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:01:31

Yay! texts and email are so open to misinterpretation, dh and I would never have gotten together in the txt age as he comes across as really cold, which he isn't at all in rl. I do comms type stuff for a living and the amount of times I realise I've been unclear...Fingers crossed for you.

susiedaisy Wed 19-Mar-14 08:51:00

That's fab op glad it went well. Wow what a big thread over the word grubgringringrin

Sleepyfergus Wed 19-Mar-14 16:07:35

Glad it went well. I hope you won't be so silly to jump to conclusions again over a 2 line text. All that angst over nothing.

neontetra Wed 19-Mar-14 21:43:47

Lovely it's going so well! Good luck to you both.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 20-Mar-14 17:08:44

Hurrah!

PoppyField Thu 20-Mar-14 19:54:38

Phew! Sounds lovely. Was there a kiss OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now