To wonder what the hell MIL is doing in the bathroom?

(24 Posts)
LiegeAndLief Sat 15-Mar-14 23:14:55

MIL is staying with us. Every night she had a bath - fine. Normal, in fact. Every time I go into the bathroom after she's had a bath, there is masses and masses of foam in the sink and the toilet. Like she has run a bath with loads and loads of bubbles, then scooped a couple of bucket loads of foam out and put it in the sink and toilet. Bizarrely, there is no trace of bubbles in the bath and our bubble bath goes down at a reasonable rate.

What is she doing?! I am aware this is not exactly much of a problem in the grand scheme of things, but it happens every time she stays and I really really want to know the answer (although not, of course, enough to ask her). Please tell me you do this and there is a perfectly reasonably explanation.

honeythewitch Sat 15-Mar-14 23:16:58

cleaning the toilet perhaps?

BumpyGrindy Sat 15-Mar-14 23:17:25

She's having a poo and using the bubble bath as an air freshener. She's putting it in the sink to add more fragrance. Leave a can of air freshener for her.

BillyBanter Sat 15-Mar-14 23:17:58

Is it some sort of frog spawn? some frogs produce a foam to protect it.

tiggytape Sat 15-Mar-14 23:18:59

If she uses loads and loads of bubble bath, it can back up and appear in the sink as the bath empties. It sort of gets sucked up through the sink plug hole. We get great big glugging noises accompanied by little splutters as it swamps the plumbing (I have a DD who is very heavy handed with the stuff!).

LadyMaryLikesCake Sat 15-Mar-14 23:20:05

Are you sure she's having a bath? Maybe she's filling the sink up with bubble bath to wash her hands an she's putting bubble bath in the loo, sitting down and flushing to wash her fanjo as you don't have a bidet. All she wants is to be clean, what's a gal to do? You need a bidet for her.

SantanaLopez Sat 15-Mar-14 23:20:32

LOL at the frogspawn suggestion grin

ItsSpringBaby Sat 15-Mar-14 23:30:37

Maybe she doesn't like the bubbles so she scoops them off? Or maybe she removes the bubbles before rinsing the bath out? Not sure, sounds strange but I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation!

Our bath/sink/toilet can all sort of back up into each other, depending on which way the wind is blowing hmm apparently. We get airlocks in the pipes or something - mind you, the taps are on the wrong side too, so hot and cold are reversed. The plumber who fitted the new bathroom suite said "I could fix them but then your toilet would flush hot water" so we live with it...
grin
I expect your MiL is just a bit over enthusiastic with the Matey grin

Mrswellyboot Sat 15-Mar-14 23:34:38

liege it's Saturday night. You need to get out more .. Lol grin so do I!

MamaPain Sat 15-Mar-14 23:34:59

Does she do this at home? Does your DH not remember if she used to do this?

LiegeAndLief Sat 15-Mar-14 23:35:41

Oh dear god no not frogspawn. Please no. If it is then it is very bath foamy frogspawn that is only laid when MIL is here.

BeaWheesht Sat 15-Mar-14 23:36:36

I reckon she's disguising poo smell

LiegeAndLief Sat 15-Mar-14 23:39:13

Am now trying really hard not to imagine MIL attempting a make shift bidet. You lot really know how to traumatise a woman. And no, I don't have anything better to do on a Saturday night...

I did consider the coming back up through the pipes thing, but it never happens when she's not here and dd has been known to get a little over enthused with the bubble bath.

Oldieandgoldie Sat 15-Mar-14 23:49:12

As an aside......spray deodorant clears left-over bubbles very quickly!

BillyBanter Sat 15-Mar-14 23:59:31

Don't dismiss frog spawn too soon. If you've upset her she may be planning on visiting a plague of frogs on you.

oscarwilde Sun 16-Mar-14 00:07:44

She's cleaning your loo and sink with bubble bath or handsoap. Is your handsoap antibacterial? My MIL cleans my kitchen sink before she even takes her coat off if she thinks I'm not around!

BeerHunter Sun 16-Mar-14 00:13:56

Maybe it's shaving foam?

She is shaving her face in the sink and her undercarriage over the toilet?

bubblegoose Sun 16-Mar-14 00:18:28

I also think it's frogspawn, I can't see any other explanation. Or bird eating spiders, don't they hatch out of foam?

trufflesnuffler Sun 16-Mar-14 00:25:42

she is definitely partaking in a frothy anal douche. Maybe she enjoys squatting over your bathroom suite and releasing the foamy bum juice as punishment for something you've done to P her off?

hiddenhome Sun 16-Mar-14 00:31:52

Are you making her cross and she's in there frothing at the mouth? grin

wobblyweebles Sun 16-Mar-14 01:03:22

I must know the answer. Don't you dare leave this thread and not come back

itsbetterthanabox Sun 16-Mar-14 01:34:37

Strip washing. The soap foams up in the sink and it's easiest to it on the loo when washing your fanjo/bum. A flannel and soap, no water everywhere!

itsbetterthanabox Sun 16-Mar-14 01:34:52

*sit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now