To of changed my babys nappy on the train

(154 Posts)
wouldntofgussed Sat 15-Mar-14 16:10:50

Was only ten minutes into an hour and a half journey when my little one needed changing no toilets on the train either. I took her up to the end of the carriage where I change her nappy a lady on the train told me I was disgusting

shouldnthavesaid Sat 15-Mar-14 16:21:26

Aye, it wasn't my nappy I mean! It was my wee sisters!!

Melonbreath Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:09

Ya

Melonbreath Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:13

Melonbreath Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:19

Melonbreath Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:23

Y

WorraLiberty Sat 15-Mar-14 16:23:33

I used to stick my kids over my knee (with a travel changing mat) and change them like that.

I think I had it down to less than 2 minutes at one point grin

Patchouli Sat 15-Mar-14 16:25:14

I was also going to say "OF"?
But then I noticed your name
(I'm hoping the 'of' is a windup).

wouldntofgussed Sat 15-Mar-14 16:25:23

it was a dirty nappy but I changed her on a plastic mat wrapped it in a bag and the guard put it in the bin at the next station didn't really want to leave her as she gets sore really quickly.
just looked at the train times the journey is only just over an hour( but felt much longer) and for some reason often only has two carriages and no toilet

5madthings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:25:34

I could do it quickly not on my lap, I am a short arse bit have big babies. And I don't like changing them sideways on iyswim. I like to lay them out so I am kneeling at themir feet iyswim.

EEatingSoupForLunch Sat 15-Mar-14 16:26:46

<offers Melonbreath a glass of water>

specialsubject Sat 15-Mar-14 16:28:05

no to the question. No choice.

people don't learn unless their mistakes are corrected. Those who are complaining that someone pointed out the mistake in English are probably the same ones who yelled 'swot' in school.

WorraLiberty Sat 15-Mar-14 16:29:35

Maybe the woman meant it smelled disgusting?

Which to be fair, shit normally does grin

She should have kept her comment to herself.

formerbabe Sat 15-Mar-14 16:30:08

Its not ideal but what can you do?!

When my babies were small and there was no where to change them, I would change them in their buggy...just slide a portable changing mat under them.

people don't learn unless their mistakes are corrected. Those who are complaining that someone pointed out the mistake in English are probably the same ones who yelled 'swot' in school.

The OP didn't ask for an English lesson, just an AIBU about changing a nappy on a train. I was the biggest swot ever at school though.

WorraLiberty Sat 15-Mar-14 16:31:00

Look, when the OP starts a thread asking for advice on her grammar, then it's fair to comment.

Until she does, any pulling her up about it is just plain rude hmm

5madthings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:31:30

Yep I changed them in the pushchair when necessary as well. You can't leave them in a dirty nappy.

But now you are asking SS you are a couple of capital letters missing at the beginning of your sentences. sad

notthegirlnextdoor Sat 15-Mar-14 16:33:03

YANBU.

People expecting you to leave a baby in a shitty nappy which could cause a horrid nappy rash and discomfort and pain because some precious twat made a snarky comment? I would have left the nappy on the seat next to her. Miserable cow.

purplebaubles Sat 15-Mar-14 16:36:00

I don't think you were left with much choice tbh!

Even leaving a pooey nappy on my DD for more than 5 mins gives her very painful nappy rash. That would have started screaming/crying.

What were you supposed to do? Some people just forget how it can be with babies, or actually don't know!

It's not ideal. But it's baby poo. We all do it. Saying it's 'disgusting' is ridiculous. It's disgusting that there are no loos on the train.

FrigginRexManningDay Sat 15-Mar-14 16:38:40

Your baby needed to be changed. End of. That woman would probably of have complained if your baby was crying because she was in a wet or poo filled nappy.

KnockMeDown Sat 15-Mar-14 16:43:46

Hermione I wouldn't have done it in the carriage - as 5mad said, if no other choice I would have put a mat down in the area between carriages.

I was shock and hmm at this! The area between carriages is small - just about wide enough to walk through, and not very long, with a door either side, and has a wobbly floor due to being where the carriages are joined. In addition people are constantly walking through. How on earth is anyone supposed to change a nappy there?

catgirl1976 Sat 15-Mar-14 16:45:37

YANBU at all

You should have chucked the nappy at her

5madthings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:48:09

All the trains I have been have more of a space and a door to get off the train. Not the little interconnects bit which yes is wobbly. The if you have to change a nappy you have to.I would try and move away from other people if I could but it's not always possible. As long as you use a Mat I think it's fine to do it on a seat if you have to.

Op it wouldn't have bothered me, I would be the one giving a sympathetic smile smile

I wouldn't have wanted to leave the baby in a pooey nappy - but I'm not sure I'd have changed it and then carried the pooey one either.

Rock --> hard place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now