To tell my niece that Beyonce probably does not wear the perfume she endorses

(34 Posts)
Mrsdavidcaruso Sat 15-Mar-14 01:01:19

My 15 year old niece wants me to buy her the new Beyonce perfume you can only get at Superdrug - will buy it for her if me and her mum think its age appropriate, trouble is she believes Beyonce actually wears it when in reality she most likely wears one that costs 1000s of pounds an ounce.

If we buy it for her should we let her down gently or let her believe she is going to be smelling like Beyonce.

Hopefully it will be too 'old' for her anyway and she wont be allowed to have it

EatShitDerek Sat 15-Mar-14 11:56:53

Oh I loved So..?

My sister has a small collections of So...?

My favourite was So..? Kiss Me. White with red lips on it grin

I will wear anything that smells nice. I'm nor bothered who its by. Britney Spears new one is lovely and I liked Fantasy.

My sister has more perfume then me. She has JLS too. I'm not keen on that one

Pasithea Sat 15-Mar-14 12:13:10

My dad bought my first Chanel for me when I was 14. Nothing else has ever compared no 5 forever

Mrsdavidcaruso Sat 15-Mar-14 20:50:29

panic over she didnt like it, she had a sniff and chose paul smith rose instead ( I rather like that one as well actually)

zeezeek Sat 15-Mar-14 20:56:44

Good for her. The Ghost ones are lovely too for teenagers. And I'm with you on the celebrity endorsements....it's ridiculous to think that Beyoncé even had a role in choosing the damn thing let alone wearing it...and it's probably more expensive than it should be because of her name....

I'll stop this rant now before I bore even myself grin

flaggybannel Sat 15-Mar-14 20:56:59

I really don't like the beyonce perfume. usually wear 4711 , not seen it around lately....... am old ain't I? blush blush

specialsubject Sat 15-Mar-14 21:02:04

Show her the link that says Beyonce is allergic to perfume.

if she likes the smell of the stuff, why not? But teaching kids to see through sleb endorsement, branding and all the other crap is a very valuable life lesson.

ComposHat Sat 15-Mar-14 21:15:55

Tell her you've sniffed Bonce Knowles and she wears nowt but Hai Karate and Brut.

MissBattleaxe Sun 16-Mar-14 12:48:39

flaggybannel- you're not old, you've just got really good taste. 4711 is a classic and will never date.

Nancy66 Sun 16-Mar-14 12:52:21

I'm going to hazard a guess that Eva Longoria doesn't dye her hair over the bath with a four quid kit from Boots either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now