to be annoyed that dp wants a takeaway?

(115 Posts)
nw0401 Fri 14-Mar-14 17:47:25

so im in the middle of cooking tea (honey glazed gammon) and dp has just woke up, come in the kitchen and said he wants a takeaway. I told him ive got gammon on and he said I can have that, him and ds1 will have a takeaway - so I threw a strop! AIBU to be utterly pissed off with him?!

MusicalEndorphins Sat 15-Mar-14 16:04:09

I am very sorry for you OP. You are allowing this behavior in not saying you refuse to be treated this way.
But if you insist he stays, force him to attend some marriage counseling. It actually can help, that is why people go....if you really want to stay with him, at least turn him into someone with respect and manners who doesn't bully you.

CannyBagOfTudor Sat 15-Mar-14 16:08:14

I'm going to go against the grain re: the gammon and say if you just started cooking dinner while I was asleep without checking if I wanted it first I wouldn't be that happy about it.

I also wouldn't want to eat straight after waking up.

my2puddings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:21:00

canny - I always start cooking tea when hes asleep, he generally wakes up starving and eats everything in the cupboards/fridge if tea isnt ready!

last night has made me realise though that im not happy with the way things are and im not prepared to carry on being his skivvy. I think maybe he has realised today as well (I hope). hes done so much cleaning its unreal - and he genuinely seems really happy about doing it!

CannyBagOfTudor Sat 15-Mar-14 16:26:26

If that's the way it is in your house then fair enough.

I just know in our house we have a quick discussion first about what we want to eat before either of us starts cooking (we do meal plan, but the days each thing are eaten on aren't set in stone).

my2puddings Sat 15-Mar-14 16:53:39

canny - im hoping things are going to change for the better so I think it would also be a good thing for us to discuss tea before I start cooking smile

SinisterSal Sat 15-Mar-14 17:10:55

seriously, canny? Why on earth wouldn't you be bloody delighted to awake refreshed from your nap with nothing to do only eat one of your favourite meals which is being handed to you.

That's royal service in most homes and I fail to see how on earth anyone wouldn't be happy about it, much less roaring and stropping over takeaways.

my2puddings Sat 15-Mar-14 17:40:38

thanks sinistersal - but I do think it will be better for all of us if we discuss tea before I make it, will certainly make my life easier anyway than having to second guess everyone!

SinisterSal Sat 15-Mar-14 17:44:00

If he won't whinge at you for waking him while he's asleep.

CannyBagOfTudor Sat 15-Mar-14 17:49:29

I'm can't comment on the roaring and stropping, since I didn't say that was reasonable.

What I did say was that I prefer to have some choice about what and when I eat.

SinisterSal Sat 15-Mar-14 17:52:37

Then make it yourself Canny, and don't ruin the family budget while doing so! Otherwise it's acting a bit spoilt.

CannyBagOfTudor Sat 15-Mar-14 17:53:57

Why on earth are you having a go at me, sinistersal? You do realise I'm not the OP's husband, don't you? confused

SinisterSal Sat 15-Mar-14 18:00:43

I'm not at all.

didn't mean it to come across that way - just opposite viewpoints I guess. I'd be grateful if my spouse let me nap and then handed my favourite dinner to me on a plate - so would my DH, luckily enough grin

my2puddings Sat 15-Mar-14 18:04:17

its fine, he comes home from work, we have a brew and a chat so a quick conversation about tea shouldnt be too hard. I meal plan when shopping for the week but it generally doesnt make much difference what day things are cooked (unless something needs eating up!) so I guess it is a fair comment that some people like to be consulted first rather than just handed a meal (although im sure plenty would be grateful for anything they get)

my2puddings Sat 15-Mar-14 18:06:59

and a lot of time OH does get a choice, just sometimes I dont think he needs consulting if im cooking something I know he likes

imnotmymum Sun 16-Mar-14 19:41:07

Wow how threads change...never thought my DH was abusive because whined at wanting chinese ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now