I'm in no way perfect ; but am a bit .... Re friend

(93 Posts)
sugar4eva Thu 13-Mar-14 18:18:40

Friend has only child . Oft eat s with her dh in back room and dd eats in other room. Have own adult room in house for space. Have left dd asleep gone out . Very posh . Very we need our time, in need to understand d this . Struggling.

WipsGlitter Thu 13-Mar-14 18:20:35

How old is the child? Do you mean they have left them with no babysitter and gone out for the night??

shakinstevenslovechild Thu 13-Mar-14 18:22:03

Your friend eats in a different room to her child, has an 'adult only' space in the house and leaves her dd asleep while they go out? Is that right?

How old is her dd?

gordyslovesheep Thu 13-Mar-14 18:28:56

really? hmm

grobagsforever Thu 13-Mar-14 18:34:02

Need more sentences OP.

BoiledPiss Thu 13-Mar-14 18:35:02

Yes, more info needed

littlewhitebag Thu 13-Mar-14 18:39:38

The age of the child would be relevant to any useful replies you might want to receive.

ihatethecold Thu 13-Mar-14 18:45:16

Your op is not easy to understand

BakerStreetSaxRift Thu 13-Mar-14 19:01:16

Can't understand your post, please try again.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Thu 13-Mar-14 19:02:15

I'm in no way a pedantic but actual sentences and more info would help OP. I can barely understand it.

Pigletin Thu 13-Mar-14 19:12:59

Come again?

sugar4eva Thu 13-Mar-14 19:16:36

Sorry . I'm feeling discombobulated. Friend with one child has need for adult only space on house. Said child eats by self . Adults in other room. Feel for child. Too adult centric for me and am feeling stressed by this. I'm sorry to blast out sentences! This has occurred for several years . Adults centre of the home. From young age To current older age of dd.

But how old is the child?

It makes a bit if a difference if the child is 5 or 15 IYSWIM

Why are you so stressed about it?

Why are you typing like that?

Seriously it's no big leap to actual sentences.

You haven't said anything coherent how old the child is.

I'm hmm about this one.

gamerchick Thu 13-Mar-14 19:24:19

so how old is the kid?

You can write discombobulated but not a sentence that makes sense?

Okaaaaay

redskyatnight Thu 13-Mar-14 19:25:07

We generally eat together but occasionally the DC will eat by themselves in one room while DH and I have "posh food" in another - tbh they consider this a treat!

I know a few people who have rooms that are just for adults, or at least that are not contaminated by children's playthings etc.

And assuming you don't mean your friends go out and leave a young child unattended, I don't think going out without the DC is that awful either ...

If the parents literally ignore their DC every single second, I concede you may be right to be worried, but not clear that is the case?

justmyview Thu 13-Mar-14 19:25:30

How old is the child?

How big is the house?

BoiledPiss Thu 13-Mar-14 19:25:35

confused

sugar4eva Thu 13-Mar-14 19:27:02

The child has had similar from age four to current which is teen I guess I've found it hard to see child being what I see as sidelined all her life . I'm sorry not doing sentences . I'm talking about when a person has v different n views on parenting and managing that when you like the person but struggle to see behevoiur that feels uncomfortable.

KiwiBanana Thu 13-Mar-14 19:27:57

Well it's not what I'd do but it's not enough to make me feel discombobulated.

Pagwatch Thu 13-Mar-14 19:28:43

So you have watched this for 10 years?

Is the child unhappy?

I'm sorry not doing sentences

Good lord. Why?

Anyway this made up child is a teen and this has been going on for years.

Mind your own business.

MrTumblesSpottyHag Thu 13-Mar-14 19:29:37

So you've managed to cope with it for 10ish years and now all of a sudden it's affecting you so badly that you can't type coherently?
Ok then hmmhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now