To ask if I am the only person who has ever done this horribly embarrassing/painful thing

(60 Posts)
DealForTheKids Tue 11-Mar-14 19:48:49

So today I went to change my tampon. I have done this a number of times, being as I am in my late 20s.

I got a Tampax Compact out, started to put it in, and - um.. Trapped my labia in the plastic applicator.

It was, without a doubt, the single most painful thing I have ever done. I never thought I had issues in that area, size-wise... Perhaps I had it too close?

Please tell me someone else has done this!!

<prepares to go cry alone with wine if the answer is 'no, you freak'>

KatoPotato Wed 26-Mar-14 12:32:33

This very morning! They suddenly 'slammed' together.

Solidarity

I caught my fanny flap in the roller of my epilator once, that brought a tear to my eye

bonzo77 Wed 26-Mar-14 12:38:29

Yes. I've done this. TBH I hate all san pro. I want to get on with the moon cup but I just can't. I need something similar but softer. Or no periods.

Catswiththumbs Wed 26-Mar-14 12:42:14

I've done it. I've also hurt myself with a mooncup when it "popped" open while I was trying to insert it.

justmyview Wed 26-Mar-14 12:47:52

Have also inadvertently given myself a brazilian when I put the sanitary towel sticky side up on my pants at bedtime. Our bathroom ceiling still has the outline of my body after I had to be peeled off it having removed the towel along with a large part of my fanjo lips.

OMG. I have tears in my eyesThis

This is definitely a conversation for MN, not real life ......

MinesAPintOfTea Wed 26-Mar-14 12:56:12

If you must use applicators get the nice cheap soft cardboard ones. Also better for the environment.

Even better would be a non-applicator tampon (lillets are much more comfortable for me) or a mooncup.

Yes. I've done this. TBH I hate all san pro. I want to get on with the moon cup but I just can't. I need something similar but softer. Or no periods.

Try the Meluna, it's softer and comes in more sizes

myitchybeaver Wed 26-Mar-14 13:26:45

Lilets women, Lilets. No teeth.

I've trapped a labia in the tampax compak before. However I found the Mooncup even worse because it kept unfolding at the wrong moment, remarkably like one of those little "popper" toys we used to torture each other with at primary school.

helenthemadex Wed 26-Mar-14 13:38:59

I cant work applicators at all fiddly things

have injured myself while pruning the lady garden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now