To ask if I am the only person who has ever done this horribly embarrassing/painful thing

(60 Posts)
DealForTheKids Tue 11-Mar-14 19:48:49

So today I went to change my tampon. I have done this a number of times, being as I am in my late 20s.

I got a Tampax Compact out, started to put it in, and - um.. Trapped my labia in the plastic applicator.

It was, without a doubt, the single most painful thing I have ever done. I never thought I had issues in that area, size-wise... Perhaps I had it too close?

Please tell me someone else has done this!!

<prepares to go cry alone with wine if the answer is 'no, you freak'>

i'm squirming like a squirmy thing now!

and this is why my dear you need a mooncup!

HadABadDay2014 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:53:19

Never, but I'm squeezing my legs. I bet that was painful

fluffyraggies Tue 11-Mar-14 19:59:14

Never done that myself OP, but i;m sure you wont be the only one smile

(i find tampons seem to sometimes somehow turn around end to end while in place in me and are then a bugger to pull out. ouch!)

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Tue 11-Mar-14 20:02:36

No but I get the fear of it happening and this has given me the willies. Ahem.

Wishing your ladyflaps a speedy recovery.

harriet247 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:04:24

hahahahaa omg noo but i am sending you a big gin and a plaster for your labia

I will share your shame, I've done it! blush And like you, always thought my anatomy down there was quite neat, maybe we're just a bit clumsy OPgrin

CuntyBunty Tue 11-Mar-14 20:05:59

I did pinch the side of my "canal" with the insertion once, but I tell you, you haven't lived if you've not caught a piss flap in the rotating cylinder of an epilator. It was like one of the dead sea scrolls after wards.

ThePartyArtist Tue 11-Mar-14 20:06:41

Try a mooncup instead!

ThePartyArtist Tue 11-Mar-14 20:06:52

Try a mooncup instead!

shootingstar1234 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:07:03

You're not the only one. Hurt like hell!

fairnotfair Tue 11-Mar-14 20:07:54

Yep. I feel your pain. I am v v careful these days...

RayPurchase Tue 11-Mar-14 20:08:28

Arrgh! Non-applicator is the way forward... That just sounds so painful!

Elledouble Tue 11-Mar-14 20:08:38

I've done that! Also gone to insert a non-applicator one and sort of poked a flap in with it, really hard with my nail. That hurt.

Ilikepancakes Tue 11-Mar-14 20:09:00

I have, I hate plastic applicators. It's harder to do that with a cardboard one.

I use non-applicator now, much simpler.

80sMum Tue 11-Mar-14 20:09:14

Switch to a non-applicator type. Much easier!

LegoCaltrops Tue 11-Mar-14 20:09:18

Bunty sorry but that made me laugh. grin

DealForTheKids Tue 11-Mar-14 20:14:04

PieSmuggler I'm not alone! Thank god for AIBU!

I have already opened the wine though. I felt it was necessary. And possibly thought that with enough of it, it might anesthetize the area...

puggywug81 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:14:51

bunty that made me laugh so much, that is why my epilator will only ever go on my legs!

frogslegs35 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:20:11

I've done it too op, you're not alone.
That, however was NOTHING compared to what the midwife done to my vag with a speculum during an examination.
She caught a piece of my labia, I squealed, she panicked and released it - taking a little part of me with her shock angry
I still have a little gap sad smile

BeaWheesht Tue 11-Mar-14 21:25:04

Oh I was just about to say the same as frogslegs it was one of the most horrific experience of my life and that area bleed, like fuck!

IamInvisible Tue 11-Mar-14 21:28:24

Switch to Lil-lets. They are so, so much more comfortable than any applicator tampon I have ever tried, and there is nothing to catch anything in either.

mrsjay Tue 11-Mar-14 21:31:04

<curls up into a ball> OUCH!!

deakymom Tue 11-Mar-14 21:31:20

i hate plastic applicators i only ever bought the one box i actually managed to clup myself INSIDE i was in a public toilet at the time and swore the lady next to me was concerned asking if i was okay i muttered plastic applicator she was sympathetic it happened to her too!

Koothrapanties Tue 11-Mar-14 21:32:03

I''ve done it... It's eye wateringly painful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now