Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

not to fill in a hole that nobody will ever see?

(17 Posts)
DonkeyDaddy Sat 08-Mar-14 20:00:07

I have been asked by my DW to put some picture frames up in a slightly complex arrangement. Due to some misleading instructions on the frames (it was one of those templates, but the template was bizarrely smaller than the frame), I have had to drill 4 new holes and therefore have 4 holes going spare.

My DW thinks that these holes, hidden out of sight behind our toddlers' artwork are unacceptable. I'm stuggling to see her point of view.

Am I being unreasonable to leave them as they are?

gordyslovesheep Sat 08-Mar-14 20:02:45

give her some polyfilla and leave her to it?

AgentZigzag Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:04

Yeah, she should fill them if they're bothering her.

Hissy Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:25

Ditto

MangoBiscuit Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:40

While the frame is there, no one will see the holes. When the frame goes (if it does) then you'll have to fill the holes being used at the moment, so you might as well do all 8 in one go.

She's being inefficient. grin

CookieLady Sat 08-Mar-14 20:04:45

I agree with gordy get your DW to sort it out if it bothers her that much.

Rauma Sat 08-Mar-14 20:06:40

What? Takes minutes to sort and one less job to do once you move the pictures later. Do it now, less hassle later

Pipbin Sat 08-Mar-14 20:10:06

We had a hole in the wall caused by the wall being shit and crumbling around the screw. Just put a picture over it. I forgot it was there until we moved.

RudyMentary Sat 08-Mar-14 21:54:48

If she wants them filled .........

KippyVonKipperson Sat 08-Mar-14 21:58:27

YABU - how can she happily walk past those pictures everyday knowing the horror of what is behind them?

TheNewSchmoo Sat 08-Mar-14 22:00:20

Get her to do them herself if they bother her that much. Equality and all that on International Women's Day grin

Annianni Sat 08-Mar-14 22:00:21

Fill them with toothpaste (white obviously, not blue or striped)

MooMaid Sat 08-Mar-14 22:01:45

As long as you can't see them leave 'em until you take them down - then you can fill all the holes in!!

MooMaid Sat 08-Mar-14 22:02:04

....and I have done the toothpaste thing blush

So the holes are behind the pictures? You can't see them? What's the problem? X

Logg1e Sat 08-Mar-14 22:03:34

If she feels that strongly about it I don't think you are reasonable to stop her filling them.

Driveway Sat 08-Mar-14 22:04:10

I thought this was going to be some theoretical moral quiz thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now