to be annoyed with DSD

(7 Posts)
Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 08-Mar-14 09:23:37

...for not even sending me a birthday text? DSD (21) hasn't contacted me at all despite knowing it was my birthday on Thursday. It's not that she didn't know, she was there when MIL gave me my birthday card early last Sunday, it's on FB (she's never off it) and DSD (19) rang her to check my postcode so she could post a card.

I wasn't expecting anything from DSD2, we're closer than we used to be but I've always been DSD1's 'person'. She only lives across the road and we (DH&I) help out with babysitting, lifts etc. Dsd2's card was such a lovely surprise that I feel even more hurt that DSD1 couldn't even take a few seconds to text or message me when she's physically closer (Dsd2 is a nursing student living away).

I haven't said anything, and I won't, because I don't want to feel like an after thought, but I'm hurt because I have been in her life for nearly 17 years and despite everything that I do for her I'm not worthy of even a text.

bedraggledmumoftwo Sat 08-Mar-14 11:00:53

Sometimes people have a lot going on. Yabu to be upset. I expect when she realises she will be mortified.

Comeatmefam Sat 08-Mar-14 11:04:29

So you have a good relationship? Has anything happened recently that has affected that? Anything else going on for her or your family?

YANBU, it's hurtful when people are thoughtless about this kind of thing.

Chippednailvarnish Sat 08-Mar-14 11:39:56

I'm crap at remembering birthdays, so I don't get upset if people forget. After all its not like they are doing it on purpose and trying to upset me!

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 08-Mar-14 13:43:18

Nothing has changed in terms of our relationship or day to day stuff. It's upset me because DSD2 had been talking to her and asked if she remembered our postcode so that she could post my card, so she had been reminded ifswim. Plus, it would have been on the birthday reminders on fb that crop up for everyone on my friends list

It's the thoughtlessness that's annoyed me because I would never hear the end of it if I forgot hers (not that I would, no matter how busy I was). I think it's starting more because it's the 1st yeat she's done it.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Sat 08-Mar-14 14:24:07

ermmm have I read this exact post before?

Nanny0gg Sat 08-Mar-14 14:51:15

Can't your husband ask her what happened?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now