To just want to KEEP MY FREAKING PHONE NUMBER

(38 Posts)
Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 21:06:34

<sobs>

I just want Orange to give me the stupid code so I can transfer my number but their customer service thing is like a WEB OF HIDEOUSNESS.

LAST time I had dealings with them I was about to give birth and they flipping kept me on the phone IN THE SHOP for AN HOUR.

Fuckers.

Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 21:15:59

<feels sorry for self>

<considers drip feeding that I also ^have no wine in the house^>

Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 21:33:00

Pah. Clearly I AINBU.

IABB.

<I Am Being Boring>

Hi, I've moved my number from vodaphone - o2 - tesco and never had a problem. Just ask for a PUK code, even if the contract isn't quite finished they will give you this and you just finish paying what's owing?

sparkle101 Fri 07-Mar-14 21:35:57

Orange are twats. Yanbu. Are you staying with them or changing providers?

Sorry vodafone, I have to say I agree Orange are wankers though as I had massive problems with them when I tried to close an account 14plus years ago and I vowed I would never deal with them again.

Allergictoironing Fri 07-Mar-14 21:38:13

Wineforthelady that's what the OP is trying to do, get her code from Orange. But most providers will take you round the houses at least 3-4 times trying to get you to change your mind when you ask for it. Probably in the hope that you'll give up as it isn't worth the hassle.

Sympathy OP wine

Yanbu.

But if you definitely want to keep your number log in to your account and unsubscribe from all their marketing first. As soon as you move you can no longer log in online, you can't reply to their messages with STOP because you can only text them from an orange phone and, despite numerous customer service people saying they've marked your account as no longer active, you'll get texts for at least 6 months. Ask me how I know!

Orange are shite.

ThePowerOfCake Fri 07-Mar-14 21:44:28

I expected to have issues with this but they sent the code out to me straight away and didn't even bother trying to keep me. They obviously didn't want me!

intheround Fri 07-Mar-14 21:46:25

When I moved to Tesco they sorted all that out for me in the store. I just had to verify who I was, but Tesco called them for me.

Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 21:48:16

I can't get far enough through the freakin customer service bolloxy BOLLOCKS to speak to anyone. So they can GIVE ME THE CODE.

I am frankly scared of their shop. They made me phone their customer service from their shop last time.
I don't think I have an account...I am PAYG. But I've had my number for aaaggges and I'd rather keep it. I've only just managed to learn it off by heart...

intheround Fri 07-Mar-14 21:49:33

Can you do it online?

CuttingOutTheCrap Fri 07-Mar-14 21:49:48

I transferred my number from Orange about a month ago, no problems at all. I phoned them and told them I was moving to T Mobile, because that's the same company (EE) so I knew they wouldn't try to talk me in to staying smile

CuttingOutTheCrap Fri 07-Mar-14 21:50:17

oh, i was PAYG too, no problems at all

Wabbitty Fri 07-Mar-14 21:52:08

I was PAYG and with orange and got my code through easily

Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 21:54:32

HOW???

How did you get the code easily? Please tell me. Which flipping number is it to speak to someone?

No, you can't do it online...

Curlynoodles Fri 07-Mar-14 21:56:57

My DH moved from Orange to Vodafone a couple of months ago. He phoned Orange to ask for his PAK code (I think that's what it's called!) and was told by the customer service person that they would text it to him. He asked why they couldn't just give it to him over the phone and he was told that they weren't allowed. DH wasn't happy so he asked to speak to a manager but was told that being unhappy wasn't a good enough reason for the manager to come to the phone!! As predicted the number did not get sent to him but luckily he got one of those texts that asks you to rate the service of his phone call to orange and he put awful to each question. 2 minutes later his phone rang and the girl he spoke to asked him why he was so unhappy. When he told her, she gave him the PAK number straight away and said she didn't know why he hasn't been given it in the first place.

Moral of the story - don't give up!!!

CuttingOutTheCrap Fri 07-Mar-14 21:57:49

Phone them on 450 (or 07973 100 450 iirc). I thought it would be complicated but it literally took less than a minute, they sent it to my via text, then I called the new provider to give it to them - sorted smile

Curlynoodles Fri 07-Mar-14 21:57:56

I think you call 450

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 07-Mar-14 22:03:37

Don't go to Vodafone whatever you do. Shower of shit. They carried out a software upgrade on my signal booster. Now it doesn't work because my router doesn't recognise it. So apparently I have to change my router port codes. So I asked them to reverse the software upgrade. Can't do that because the booster then won't work. Ring your internet provider and they will change the router port codes. No, they won't, they've told me before, it's nothing to do with them. So now I have a phone that I can do everything except text or call on from home.

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathe.

Rattitude Fri 07-Mar-14 22:04:21

Curly is right based on what I found: see top part of this site.

Your PAC should be issued to you within two working days, so if you have talked to somebody and requested it, you can subsequently complain if you do not receive it within the timeframe.

Are you on Twitter? If you are, I would tweet them a message as I suspect they would reply promptly to it.

Coldlightofday Fri 07-Mar-14 22:05:40

TWITTER?

I don't understand how it works.

<luddite>

Rattitude Fri 07-Mar-14 22:13:14

Neither do I fully understand it blush but I set up an account for just that purpose: I have found it really useful to get companies to respond to my issues.

lisac99 Fri 07-Mar-14 22:14:56

If you terminate your contract I think all providers are required by law (check with OFFCOM) to provide your PAC code within 48 hours.

Ludways Fri 07-Mar-14 22:50:52

I have been with orange then 4G EE for nearly 20 years now, never had an issue.

Just phone 450 from your phone, press number to disconnect, ask for PAC code, sorted. They'll try to offer something to keep you but then most people ask only to get that offer so would be gutted if they simply let them leave, lol. Just stick to your guns and get the code.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now