To want to rip this off my chest and scream arghhhhh?!

(17 Posts)

I have a 24 hour ECG monitor strapped to me. I know it WBU of me to rip it off and scream arghhhhh because it's there to make sure my heart is okay but it's making me so damn itchy and uncomfortable!!
Arghhhhhhh!!!! confusedconfusedconfused

gamerchick Fri 07-Mar-14 19:51:12

na i'm with you.. I can't stand anything like that.

Probably better not too though grin

Hope everythings alright.

Everything is fine I think! Apparently I'm at risk of sudden death syndrome... Not sure I really wanted to know to be honest.

gamerchick Fri 07-Mar-14 20:07:08

christ, no stress then!

thejoysofboys Fri 07-Mar-14 20:11:16

Oh yeah! I had one of these in pregnancy. The itching was unbearable - turned out I was allergic to the gel under the pads!

Rauma Fri 07-Mar-14 20:16:49

Many people are at risk of SDS but few doctors seem to bother checking for it. Usually treatable easily though

allyouneedis Fri 07-Mar-14 20:45:58

I know how you feel, i had one at the end of last year and it drove me mad. Sleeping with it on is a nightmare. Its only one night though. Hope it turns out ok for you. smile

Latara Fri 07-Mar-14 20:50:18

I thought you were talking about a bra! (Hope the ECG results are good).

SellyMevs Fri 07-Mar-14 20:55:47

I sympathise! I've had them a few times. Last one was a 72 hour one. They even gave me the sensitive pads. I lasted 48 hours before I ripped it off.

Fingers crossed for you for good results!

Sister77 Sat 08-Mar-14 21:32:34

Leave it alone!!! Get drunk and ignore it

cardibach Sat 08-Mar-14 22:11:13

I had one for a week. A week. I had a very irregular heartbeat and they needed to see what was going on. I ran out of places to put the pads that weren't covered in rash/flaking skin due to the allergy (and I had the sensitive pads). I completely sympathise, OP, but unfortunately you can't do it. Stick it out.

My DD had one of these on for ten months because she was at risk of SIDS.

123Jump Sat 08-Mar-14 22:16:36

Mum mum has a genetic condition that means she is at risk of SDS. She now has a pacemaker and defibrillator fitted under her skin.
They put a monitor on for a week, she took it off after 12 hours and said she would take her chances, lol!

Are you allergic? I had one and was no bother at all apart from showering.

Is it Long QT they are looking for?

shouldnthavesaid Sun 09-Mar-14 00:04:43

I had one a few months ago , damn thing wouldn't stay on, had to go back to hospital to have it refitted. I ended up covered from abdo to neck in hypafix tape. Was incredibly itchy and hot. Of course, the more I stressed the worse it got as well!

Hope the results are ok x

MusicalEndorphins Sun 09-Mar-14 06:00:23

I just knew this would be about a monitor.
I barely knew I was wearing them when I have had to wear them. You may be allergic to the gel or tape. Can you take an allergy pill to help with the itching?
Hope all will be well. Good luck.

MusicalEndorphins Sun 09-Mar-14 06:03:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now