WillKat's second honeymoon...

(316 Posts)
louloutheshamed Fri 07-Mar-14 06:09:46

They've gone to the Maldives without Prince George apparently (it's in the dm)

Seriously?? Think this might turn the tide of public opinion against them...seems its just one long holiday being the D and D of Cambridge....

anonacfr Mon 17-Mar-14 16:52:43
fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 15:23:04

I think the wrong lessons have been absorbed from the Diana-quake of the early 90s.

I imagine there was/is a strong establishment feeling of 'if only she had settled docilely into family life' all would have been well. Maybe they are aiming for that 'happy first family' vibe in this generation and think that as long as they project that, all will be well.

But that doesn't give them carte blanche to do whatever they fancy with guaranteed popularity and besides, this isn't the 1980s.

fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 15:18:44

They can't afford not to care. Do they not know that?

gertiegusset Sat 15-Mar-14 15:13:27

Don't actually suppose they care really.
The great unwashed and all that, why would they care what we think, job for life for them.

fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 15:11:39

It is baffling.

My own assumption is that everyone around them, including PR advisers are from similar Eton, Harrow, Marlborough, Westminster, multiple-barreled name backgrounds and they genuinely have no proper idea of how their choices will play with the public.

LittleBearPad Sat 15-Mar-14 14:53:05

They created the problem by the insistence pre-birth that they weren't going to have a nanny etc. I think most people would have assumed they would and wouldn't have commented.

Then William has his bespoke Cambridge course - an agricultural college would have seemed a better option - and he can't even make it to the end of a 10 week term without a holiday.

fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 14:46:32

They have limited workable PR options, though.

'Divine right of Kings' isn't very 21st century. Justifying an anachronism is difficult.

Which is why they need to avoid PR disasters like this, but someone didn't get the memo, it seems.

LittleBearPad Sat 15-Mar-14 14:41:38

And their 'we're just like any other young parents' line too.

A new pr strategy is called for.

fideline Sat 15-Mar-14 14:38:43

They have permanently wrecked the 'can't bear to leave their kids' line of PR haven't they?

Optimistic of their 'people' to still be trying to use it

LittleBearPad Sat 15-Mar-14 09:36:05

Managed for a week in the Maldives though...

KonkeyDong Sat 15-Mar-14 09:29:48

greysandy you predicted the future - some attempt at positive K&W news in the DM today and their 3 week holiday tour to Aus and NZ.

Apparently they couldn't bear the fact of leaving PG for 2 nights whilst in NZ..... hmm

kim147 Fri 14-Mar-14 18:38:38

Interesting - is Kate being attacked or are both of them?

Seems that the DM and this paper are claiming that mums on MN are only
attacking her - so they can claim it's mums against a mum confused

LadyKatherine Fri 14-Mar-14 16:50:42

MN referenced here as well: Not DM Link.

DinoSnores Thu 13-Mar-14 08:26:37

charmschool, read the Court Circular. That will tell you what any of the RF are doing officially.

kim147 Thu 13-Mar-14 08:23:45

Bingo - the President Blair grin

Do you need a politician to be a ceremonial president?

Blair is a politician and wants to do stuff. Make a difference. A bit like Charles.

A ceremonial president is just that. No power. Just a role.

lavenderhoney Thu 13-Mar-14 07:45:33

The queen had first dibs on all swans so don't even think of having free roast swansmile
Its all about the money for me. Although one benefit is of course we are spared a presidential campaign every four years with the likes of that slimy fucker tony Blair, and any other power crazy person vying for the top slot and spending all the RF money on private jets and salaries. Oh, wait...

But they aren't power crazy. Don't know why. If you were actually born into the royals and had a genetic history of wanting to be king and having power, it seems odd that power hungry gene has gone. You wouldn't have to spend much money getting your name and face out there, would you? And you'd already know everyone who mattered in these things.

Maybe william is even now plotting to take over the Maldives and the army will get a call direct from the royal iphone to get their arses over there and bring the flagsmile

AgathaF Thu 13-Mar-14 07:40:54

Lots of people don't get stretch marks.

Some of the stuff said on this thread!

BalloonSlayer Thu 13-Mar-14 06:50:04

I have never had any stretch marks either charmschool. 3 weeks after giving birth to my first I was 8st 2, and I didn't have a personal trainer on hand

charmschool Wed 12-Mar-14 23:42:09

Does anyone actually know that Prince Edward does all day? I mean, now, this very minute. What work has he done today?

MummyBeerest Wed 12-Mar-14 23:31:17

Do they really eat swans? <moronic hijack>

charmschool Wed 12-Mar-14 23:26:44

Please don't ban me because of the above post.

charmschool Wed 12-Mar-14 23:25:48

I'm going to say something treasonable.

Kate did NOT have that baby.

She got a surrogate.

She hardly put on any weight. She put on a fake belly like the way they do in films and DID YOU SEE HER STOMACH six weeks after she "gave birth"??? Where were the stretch marks? I mean, seriously - WHERE WERE THE STRETCH MARKS?????

Now Zara, on the other hand - she's a real mum. And we love her and her questionable dress sense.

kim147 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:58:58

I wonder if they get weekly media and social media reports on how their popularity rating is going up and down.

"Well, your Duchess, your MN ratings are down this week. We've had 2 threads started and they're not looking good. On the other hand, NM just love you"

oohdaddypig Wed 12-Mar-14 22:55:12

It is a bit mean... I hope she doesn't read this thread sad

Out of interest, how can you tell someone is dull by how they look?

dancingnancy Wed 12-Mar-14 20:34:45

"She's the sort of woman I could never bedrawn to befriend. She just looks so dull!! She's the type you dread being sat next to at a dinner party."

What a horrible thing to say about someone you've never met. Not a royalist or give a hoot about Will and Kate really - but all this crap is making me want to look out my Pom poms and shake them about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now