to expect a Volvo V50 estate to accommodate my legs and two children?

(6 Posts)
Catsize Thu 06-Mar-14 17:46:29

I recently gave birth to a second child and find that I cannot have a baby seat and my toddler in his seat in the car without having to drive with my knees an inch from the underneath bit of the dashboard. Couldn't do this for long journeys. I am 'only' 6ft tall. Okay, tall for a woman, but not for a man. I would have thought the V50 a family car. It wouldn't fit three seats either, not that we need it to. Swapping them round would make no difference. Is this a common problem? Really don't want to sell the car but don't really want one of the mini people in the front passenger seat either, as this is reputedly the least safe position in the car.
sad

dannyboyle Thu 06-Mar-14 17:48:57

We had same problem. Baby seat we put on rear seat behind passenger as that pushed seat even further forward than toddler seat. We sold ours and bought the v70 instead :-)

Catsize Thu 06-Mar-14 22:37:54

Thanks Danny, good to know I am not missing a trick somewhere, but sad that you resorted to selling the car. I love my V50 and wanted to run it to its end .

dannyboyle Fri 07-Mar-14 09:45:27

We loved out v50 as well but I love the v70 even more! Boot much bigger as well and can fit dog, double phil and teds and other gubbins like bikes etc as well. We will be running this one till the end. Oh and the cars do get better once out of first baby seat.

Catsize Fri 07-Mar-14 12:45:00

Thank you. Shame they don't make them any longer, not that I could afford a new one anyway!

ENormaSnob Fri 07-Mar-14 12:53:40

We looked at the v50 but found it way too small.

Its tiny inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now