to think Jillian Micheals is pure evil?

(80 Posts)

well she is <typing with seriously shaking hands from the evilness of 30 day shred level 2>

2tiredtocare Thu 06-Mar-14 20:31:55

What site does she point and call you obese grin

Sarsaparillajones Thu 06-Mar-14 20:23:25

New shred ? Ooh...... I love shred, and all the other DVDs too. I lost so many inches doing these. Must go and dig them out again.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 06-Mar-14 19:27:02

Oooooo what is this new shred of which you speak!

DayAfterYesterday Thu 06-Mar-14 19:23:18

She is amazing, her work outs really do work and quickly. I have a pretty big crush on Jillian, and serious arm envy

Stripeyshoes Thu 06-Mar-14 19:16:42

Jillian has a new 7 day shred out -2x per day!

I am too chicken to try it though. I am planning the shred again ( great success in the past) after my holiday next week.

Sure she is evil, but I love her anyway!

Botanicbaby Thu 06-Mar-14 19:15:27

heirtotheironthrone you are at same stage as me although not only am I struggling with the press ups, the floor work kills me too.

I do it barefoot in the living room, I don't think you don't need much space at all.

dita how do you know when you're at level 2 or 3? sounds like results are so positive with jillian! here's hoping.

Samu2 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:54:57
Samu2 Thu 06-Mar-14 18:52:09

I might be the only one who doesn't rate it highly.

I love charlene extreme. It's a weight and cardio programme (on alternate days) and she makes you lift heavy.

I love doing weights and find the ones needed for the 30 day shred are too light to make much of a difference and not enough reps.

I did it for quite a while and just hurt. Moved on to charlene extreme and saw much better results and it isn't quite as hard either.

Her beach body cardio stuff is really good fun as well.

www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/210044785

BumPotato Thu 06-Mar-14 18:41:14

Over 2 months last year... duh

BumPotato Thu 06-Mar-14 18:40:46

Oh I must get back together with evil Jillian. I did 50 of her workouts over 2 years and my goodness it worked. There was a great deal of swearing.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 06-Mar-14 18:30:47

The triceps dips I mean are the sort where you use a bench/stool/chair. If you google you can find a youtube which demonstrates how to do them properly.

wasabipeanut Thu 06-Mar-14 17:35:06

Hi Errol I remember you from the first shred thread I joined! Some triceps dips may be the job - they were on L3 of R30 I think and I did really feel it!

FrequentFlyerRandomDent Thu 06-Mar-14 17:30:29

Just checked her web site. She would put my on a mere 1141cal a day.

I would faint. I must have ticked some wrong boxes. I am only 10st for 5ft5.

Will check out the exercises though.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 06-Mar-14 17:18:14

Thanks merry smile that's interesting

merrymouse Thu 06-Mar-14 17:16:30

The back story is that apparently she hates her ass (arse? don't know american spelling), so she wanted to improve it for her 40th birthday and the 'ass man' has been training her and he is really hard core. You would have to listen to the podcast to get the general idea of her feelings but there is swearing. She admits the she is working on her 'ass' for vanity not health and she has not met her goal because she likes food and beer too much.

She also does relationship advice and general self help stuff, but mainly I listen to it because of the exchanges between her and her producer Janice.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 06-Mar-14 17:10:22

Bob Harper is great too, great. Love a bit of Bob.

I have just followed your example, not only did she tell me I am borderline obese but she pointed at me smiling.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 06-Mar-14 17:06:04

wasabi - I'm adding sets of triceps dips in the hope of sorting out my wings arms.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 06-Mar-14 17:05:34

I mix it up or it gets too boring, I also do violet zaki kickboxing, she is very good but much more pleasent than Gillian. Though jillian gets results she can come across as a bit much. I also do 10 min workout DVD, te dance one is good, so is the kickboxing and boot camp, great if you don't have much time.

Merry what does she say about her trainer?

HeirToTheIronThrone Thu 06-Mar-14 17:04:35

Ugh, I hate her more now having put my details in on her website to be told I am borderline obese sad

merrymouse Thu 06-Mar-14 17:00:44

I don't do any of her DVD's but I do listen to her podcast - you should hear her talk about her trainer!

wasabipeanut Thu 06-Mar-14 16:59:34

Oooh thanks for recommendation 2tired

Lump - They are better - maybe I'm aiming for the impossible. All the planks and press ups seem to have affected my shoulders and top of my arm but not the undersides.

my long term plan is to mix it up, but I need to actually get all the way through the 30 day shred first, tried a few times before and always given up within a week due to the hurteness of it. If I get to the end (which I will) I am then going to do ripped in 30. I have a weekend away with my friend and then a big birthday in 2 months so want max impact in leats time possible.

getdownshep Thu 06-Mar-14 16:55:47

Thanks lumpy I have Pilates and yoga dvds somewhere, will dig them out.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 06-Mar-14 16:46:49

I mix it up getdownshep I try to do Jillian 3 to 4 times a week, different workouts then I do something else the rest of the week, some yoga or Pilates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now