to bath my children this infrequently?

(135 Posts)
terrificallytremendous Fri 28-Feb-14 14:06:15

Dp has two children who are aged 6 and 7. Their mum has said we cannot have them in school holidays because when we have them (for one night at a time at present) we don't bath them. She says dsd is at a 'tender age' and at home her 4 children have baths separately every single morning.

My children are 6 years and 20 months and they share a bath three times per week in winter, more in summer. Apart from the expense of water, I think every day is excessive as they just don't get that dirty in winter and see it as a waste of time to get up early to bath everyday. Aibu?

NeedsAsockamnesty Mon 03-Mar-14 15:02:46

Dc likes to think so,I don't get it myself I'm petrified of the creatures. Thank Christ I don't have to ferry them about now.

NigellasDealer Mon 03-Mar-14 15:04:22

well i am impressed by that level of commitment!

Gawd -I'm used to the idea of squad swimmers getting up at the time. I horse ride at 10am- that's early enough for me grin

BumPotato Mon 03-Mar-14 16:13:19

I've only ever bathed my kids once a week. They get showers after swimming and if they did get dirty otherwise they'd get a shower as and when.

Xalla Mon 03-Mar-14 17:00:32

YANBU

I do bath mine pretty much every day but that's because they love it and it's part of their bedtime routine.

They share a bath - all of them - DSD8 DS5, DD3 and baby. They would be very upset if we insisted they didn't. We have a big bath and they have a whale of a time in it.

If and when DSD decides she doesn't want to share, that will be fine.

Your DH's ex is BU. He needs to deal with it.

Snatchoo Mon 03-Mar-14 17:02:30

YANBU.

Two five year olds and a 2 year old here. Bath Sundays and Wednesdays unless they really need it before then!

Snatchoo Mon 03-Mar-14 17:03:10

Oh, and they share unless we want to be quick then it's one at a time which is quicker even with three of them

missymayhemsmum Mon 03-Mar-14 22:52:52

Erm, just a thought, is 'daughter is at a delicate age' code for 'daughter's bottom wiping is a bit erratic and she's apt to get a sore fanjo if not bathed/ washed daily'? Which may not be a conversation DH's ex is comfortable having with you?

apocketfulofposy Mon 03-Mar-14 23:06:17

mine have one once a week,all 4 in together,if they get dirty then they get one otherwise just once a week,they have lovely shiny hair and soft skin,the baby baths in with me once a week.

this is because A.they dont need them every day

and B.im too lazy to do it more,its too much hassle tbqh.

honeybunny14 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:12:15

My 2 get bathed every night apart from a saterday night theres no right or wrong amount unless the children were dirty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now