to have a duvet day?

(32 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Thu 27-Feb-14 06:48:08

I'm on my period and feel like shit. Only slept 3 hours later night. Toddler in nursery and would love to get a hot water bottle and sleep for the day. Work is so quiet at the moment and there is literally nothing to do. Boss was off sick yesterday.

Just can't be arsed!!!

pacificjade Thu 27-Feb-14 12:40:04

Thanks. I do strongly believe that most people are loyal, and more willing to put in extra effort when needed, if they are treated well.

littledrummergirl Thu 27-Feb-14 13:12:15

Can I join you?
My paternal dgm died 3 weeks ago her funeral was last week. I took 2days off work as was upset. I worked 2 days and then had 13 days off on prebooked holiday(inc weekends).
I worked yesterday and half hour before starting my shift today, almost as I was walking out of the door I heard my maternal dgf has died.
I called in today to say I cant work.
I am feeling sad and crying at odd moments. I work in retail 3days a week. I am sure my managers think Im taking the mickey (Im not).
So please tell me I am ok to spend today at home.

Beachcombergirl Thu 27-Feb-14 16:23:01

Can you take a days leave?

citruslemon Thu 27-Feb-14 16:54:14

Have been so ill but still went into work. Started coughing up blood and was made to go home. Having a duvet day but am sooooo bored!!

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Thu 27-Feb-14 21:59:11

Drummer girl I'm so sorry to hear that. Please do not worry about work. Of course you should be at home if that's what you need. How are you supposed to work if you are bursting into tears every half hour? Especially customer facing role. You need time to grieve. I hope your employers would understand this. Sending my condolences. Xx

I totally agree with your way of thinking, Pacific. It's absolutely true in my opinion.

littledrummergirl Fri 28-Feb-14 08:27:01

Thanks charlie. Sorry about jumping on your thread, was feeling sorry for myself. Am taking today as a duvet day as well, I dont think its good practice to cry all over the customers smile

JRmumma Fri 28-Feb-14 08:33:13

Id have a duvet day if i were you too. Nothing worse than sitting in an office with nothing to do if you feel ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now