to think Little Mix should be hanged, drawn and quartered?

(35 Posts)
MBT1987 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:39:06

They've covered Word Up by Cameo.

For Sport Relief.

Just as I was starting to like the morning radio again.

I have a 50-minute drive from DP's house to work when I stay there, and as it's a rural town, the drive involves dodging walking buses (full of kids that can't actually walk properly), snooty middle-aged retirees calling themselves "country folk" (think Deliverance, but with less banjos and more inbreeding) who just waltz in to my path, and the occasional (read: constant barrage of) incompetent who doesn't know their mini-roundabout from their elbow. My last bastion of sanity has been utterly violated by this generic pop twaddlification of a fairly inoffensive 90s song.

WIBU to descend upon this normally rather good girl group, wielding a samurai sword Kill-Bill style, to make them atone for their crimes against music? And do you think Dappy's horse would accompany me in to battle?

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 26-Feb-14 11:41:51

I'll definitely hold your coat.

ddubsgirl Wed 26-Feb-14 12:21:29

wasnt word up 80's? not 90's lol

MichaelFinnigan Wed 26-Feb-14 12:22:52

I like little mix

If you want to be back in that era, dare I suggest a cassette?!

runningonwillpower Wed 26-Feb-14 12:26:13

Little Mix don't bother me half as much as One DimensionDirection.

LaGuardia Wed 26-Feb-14 12:26:15

Are they still going? Charity singles are always desperate move by bands whose popularity is going down the pan. YANBU although the chunky one will take a bit longer to quarter grin

NeoFaust Wed 26-Feb-14 12:31:22

The Korn cover of Word Up was the best, anyway.

Ubik1 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:35:41

It's like when David Cameron stated that Circle of Friends by REM reminded him of meeting Samantha.

He has ruined a song I loved.

I want to know if Little Mix are going to wear red codpieces and thrust energetically at the camera a la Cameo. If so, the nation should be forewarned.

Fontofnowt Wed 26-Feb-14 12:38:28

Fucking hate it when perfectly good songs get crucified YANBU

NinjaBunny Wed 26-Feb-14 12:39:30

Anyone remember when All Saints/someone similar butchered Under The Bridge.

That was a rough time.

sad

CrispyCrochet Wed 26-Feb-14 12:39:46

I get that this is a light hearted post but I think LaGuradia's dig about the weight of Jesse is uncalled for.

MBT1987 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:40:52

Eighthed, then. ;-)

And I absolutely don't want to be back in "that era" (which is obviously earlier than I remember it to be - sorry, ddubsgirl) - I just don't want this. I understand that X Factor acts are at the bottom of a very shallow barrel, but if it's scraped much more, it'll disintegrate.

Perhaps more pertinently, what's Word Up got to do with sport? Given Davina's race and the efforts of Nick Grimshaw and Jo Whiley to come, The Proclaimers should have been a shoo-in. At the very least, Bicycle Race by Queen should have been on the shortlist.

Some muppets have slaughtered TLCs waterfalls recently too. That shit should be illegal

NeonMuffin Wed 26-Feb-14 12:42:58

Sorry, I love Little Mix. The only decent "pop" act around today, much better than bland as hell One Direction.

tinkertitonk Wed 26-Feb-14 12:47:08

Wow, Deliverance. John Boorman could make a movie.

Though from my recollection of the love scene there wasn't much breeding, in- or otherwise.

ddubsgirl Wed 26-Feb-14 13:23:19

wink

PiperRose Wed 26-Feb-14 14:07:36

Where do we start the campaign for 'twaddlification' to be entered into the dictionary?

MollyHooper Wed 26-Feb-14 14:07:54

I was just thinking that NeoFaust. smile

YANBU OP.

Norfolknway Wed 26-Feb-14 14:10:15

Did Scary Mel B not cover that too?

She's shit, too

GummiBear74 Wed 26-Feb-14 14:10:45

noarmani, I read your post as The Muppets have covered Waterfalls!

Thought that sounded quite good blush

DelGirl Wed 26-Feb-14 14:18:45

I hated their version of CAN IN BALL, gave me the rage it did!

NinjaCow Wed 26-Feb-14 14:23:06

I like them kind of.

EauRouge Wed 26-Feb-14 14:24:06

Gun's version of Word Up is the only acceptable cover.

KatnipEvergreen Wed 26-Feb-14 14:25:40

YABVU. I like Little Mix, and the cover is ok, though I don't think Word Up is all that as a song anyway, it's just a boring pop song sung by a rather aggressive daft twat in a codpiece.

Move is a much better song.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now