to give DS a jam doughnut in his packed lunch?

(46 Posts)
itshardthinkingofanickname Tue 25-Feb-14 18:55:01

I mean he'll have a hummus wrap, locally reared fresh ham, a selection of grapes, local cheese and a piece of lentil wedge.

It's just that we have 2 doughnuts left and if I don't give him one, I'll eat both tomorrow - so really I'm doing it for my figure.

It's only a jam doughnut packed full of sugar and jam. What problem could that possibly cause at school grin

<Disclaimer - some of this might not be true. But I still have the 2 jam doughnut problem>

<Disclaimer - I bet some people won't read the disclaimer>

itshardthinkingofanickname Tue 25-Feb-14 19:19:27

Lentil wedge

www.babyledweaning.com/recipes/lunchdinner/alisons-lentil-and-cheese-wedges/

I forgot cheese. That's probably bad as it's too fatty grin

minouminou Tue 25-Feb-14 19:20:42

I read that as lentil wedgie.

You could coach your DS to lie and tell the lunchbox police that the doughnut is filled with yet more humous.

Jolleigh Tue 25-Feb-14 19:26:11

Lentil wedge appears to be a very plain lentil soup that's been reduced so much it solidifies confused

phantomnamechanger Tue 25-Feb-14 19:30:29

could you dye the doughnut with eco-friendly non allergenic food dyes and pretend its a peach or something?

ravenAK Tue 25-Feb-14 19:30:29

I have some left over daal. Tempted to experiment with wedging it.

Meh, my ds had a giant waffle pole in a stick fir his breakfast this morning.

Even worse he bit the end off and squirted cream inside then covered it in syrup.

EVEN WORSE I stole it from redhot world buffet last night. Along with half a plate of chocolate brownies and some mini pancakes.

Oh and some creme brulees

And a giant meruinge and a kebab I made aith marshmallows and sweets.

And a giant meruinge and a kebab I made aith marshmallows and sweets.

Do think the donut should be filled with hand knitted yogurt and sprinkled with granola tho.

IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Tue 25-Feb-14 19:38:57

I can't read anything else in the op, the Lentil wedge has got me. confused

bodybooboo Tue 25-Feb-14 19:40:23

see I work in a school and do a lunch sitting as a TA and the kids eat what they like. no one gives a stuff what's in the lunchbox as long as it's enough food.

none of the schools I worked in or my kids schools cared either.

I bloody love donuts.

moldingsunbeams Tue 25-Feb-14 19:40:51

apolcalypse dd grassed on me loudly last time i attempted to take a cake i had touched so useless to anyone else from there sad sad grin

I can barely eat a jam donut tidily, if your school age DS can manage it then wire in!

itshardthinkingofanickname Tue 25-Feb-14 20:31:52

He's gone to bed.

Do I eat one now? He'll know. grin

MintyChops Wed 26-Feb-14 19:19:13

Why oh why did I google dragon butter?!?!?! Alpaca, you demon!

chateauferret Wed 26-Feb-14 21:35:09

YABU. You'll probably give the dinner ladies a heart attack.

Purplepoodle Wed 26-Feb-14 21:38:36

Give him some chocolate sauce to dip it in too

Allalonenow Wed 26-Feb-14 21:49:29

Any child who would eat lentil wedge deserves a doughnut or two.

YABU Lunch box doughnut tomorrow means effectively that you will be giving your DS a day old doughnut.

A day one doughnut is just wrong. They must be eaten at the peak of freshness shock

Eat them now! Don't wait for the stroke of mid-night or they will be stale. Doughnuts are the Cinderella's slipper of bakery wink

You are utterly bloody unreasonable, because you have two doughnuts, and I don't have any doughnuts, and now I want a doughnut!!

<<sobs>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now