To still be wearing granny pants?

(104 Posts)
TheRogueBludger Tue 25-Feb-14 15:16:26

I wore humongous granny pants after my cs 4 months ago...and I'm still wearing them! They're just soo comfy! I'm in my twenties. AIBU?

fluffyraggies Thu 27-Feb-14 20:20:26

Microfibre seamless boy-pant style knickers from Tesco here. 4 weeks PP. That's my version of granny pants.

I confess i washed and wore the 4 or 5 pairs of disposable knickers that the hospital gave me for 2 weeks after the birth blush They were a lovely very soft sort of net. They pulled up as far or as low as you like, and never pinched or pulled. Had to make a determined effort to stop wearing them and get back to real knickers!

Pics Thu 27-Feb-14 19:26:57

I got mine in Waitrose......
I find anything other than granny pants fall down so I end up not so surreptitiously shifting them up all day.

Nannyplumismymum Thu 27-Feb-14 17:53:39

Yes yes yes to the Asda granny pants - are we talking about the cheap big ones ?
Bought them after my CS 8 years ago haha!
They are comforting smile

shewhowines Thu 27-Feb-14 17:26:25

I guess granny pants have changed over the years anyway. My granny wore the humongous ones that really did come virtually up to the armpits. I guess todays grannys, are a little more trendy, and wear stuff that would have been positively indecent in the olden days. You can get quite nice "granny pants"

bochead Thu 27-Feb-14 17:08:11

the hollywood legends of old wore Granny pants. Y'all have seen those piccies of 1950's pin ups haven't you?

Classic vintage style I call em - just more to be unwrapped wink. Seduction, not sleaze becomes the order of the day after a certain age & that means no VPL and no muffin tops.

Besides in a climate like the UK's who wants to catch a chill to their particulars?

I moved in to granny pants when pg with ds 3 years ago abd never moved out of them again. just had dc2 so reckon I can get away with it a bit longer grin dh not happy about them but wouldn't dream of asking me to swap my comfort for his pleasure. I should probably stop really hoiking them up and deliberately taunting him with them though grin

Sallyingforth Thu 27-Feb-14 16:55:45

MrsBennet yes! Commando to bloomers, and then back to commando again when the weather's warmer. Changeover time very soon.
I wear for comfort, and don't like anything disappearing up the crease. DP isn't bothered - he's only interested in what's underneath ;)

fukkigucci Thu 27-Feb-14 15:03:41

You know what they say, the longer the relationship the bigger the pants!

NewNameForSpring Thu 27-Feb-14 14:51:12

Thank you so much everyone. I had been meaning to start a thread asking if there were any comfortable knickers anywhere in the world. Little did I know they were staring me in the face every time I went to the pant shop grin. Can't wait to go and try some.

Vickiyumyum Thu 27-Feb-14 14:34:45

dd is 7 and loves granny pants, her favourites are boden ones. Hopefully she will continue to want comfy pants and not cheesewire wink

popcornpaws Thu 27-Feb-14 14:27:10

My DD tried a pair of my granny pants on "for a laugh" and fell in love with them! She is only 17 but says she can't wait until she is old enough to wear them!

MrsBennetsEldest Thu 27-Feb-14 14:09:30

Harvest Festivals.........All is safely gathered in.

SallyingForth, you've let yourself go love ( in the drawers dept), commando to bloomers....smile

QueenBean Thu 27-Feb-14 14:07:42

Vicki those are the exact ones I wear. I love them more than anything

Vickiyumyum Thu 27-Feb-14 14:06:42

I wear pants for myself no one else. XH and dp's have never commented they are usually just concentrating on getting whatever knickers off asap!

Vickiyumyum Thu 27-Feb-14 14:02:22

NO VPL not VL!

Vickiyumyum Thu 27-Feb-14 14:01:53

I discovered something even more comfortbale than the granny pants! NO VL granny pants, no annoying elastic on your inner legs, so so comfy. I urge you to buy them wink www.marksandspencer.com/5-pack-no-vpl-microfibre-high-rise-full-briefs/p/p22077675

BurnThisDiscoDown Thu 27-Feb-14 13:57:19

I've been wearing granny pants since DS was born 2 and a half years ago blush. Previously I wore thongs every but I find them too uncomfy now and feel like I'm trying to pull them out of my arse crack all the time (glam, I know!). Although I think the reason my arse appears to eat thongs now is due to increased size blush.

IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Thu 27-Feb-14 13:38:32

grin @ They come right up and sit around my ribcage, which is excessive.

nana knickers grin

CalamitouslyWrong Thu 27-Feb-14 12:08:29

We should all call them vintage-style pants. That sounds more stylish.

CalamitouslyWrong Thu 27-Feb-14 12:07:17

I have decided that granny pants are the way to go. They're much more comfortable and look a lot nicer on me than teeny tiny pants.

Although I managed to buy a pack in sainsbury's this week that are taking things to ridiculous extremes. They come right up and sit around my ribcage, which is excessive.

I don't care if DH likes them or not. I choose pants for me, because I gave to wear them. He doesn't consider me when choosing his underwear.

ThomasLynn Thu 27-Feb-14 12:02:31

<stands up, confession style>

My name is Tommy. I'm 22.
I love my nanna knickers.

DP is more interested in the contents of said knickers than the actual items themselves.

DD's almost 3, and was a c/s.

IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Thu 27-Feb-14 11:59:14

I think they should be re named. the only problem with them is the name, granny pants....call em something different and no shame in wearing them grin

Sallyingforth Thu 27-Feb-14 11:51:48

All you harvest festival wearers, would you have worn those when you first got together with your husbands/boyfriends?
I wasn't wearing any knickers when I first met him! <turns red>

BeCool Thu 27-Feb-14 11:34:02

I didn't have CS, but I kept on wearing them after DD2 was born.
I am 46 though smile
Gee they are comfy

mrsbug Thu 27-Feb-14 11:30:48

nirishma I have to ask what job you do that requires you to wear lacy underwear?

mrsbennet what's a harvest festival?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now