To still be wearing granny pants?

(104 Posts)
TheRogueBludger Tue 25-Feb-14 15:16:26

I wore humongous granny pants after my cs 4 months ago...and I'm still wearing them! They're just soo comfy! I'm in my twenties. AIBU?

EssexGurl Tue 25-Feb-14 18:31:08

Things?! Thongs?! Stupid auto correct.

buttercrumble Tue 25-Feb-14 18:32:40

Ooh I love granny pants it's comfort all the way for me grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 25-Feb-14 18:32:50

I'm still in mine and my dses are 11 and 9grin

Life is too short for uncomfortable pants......

MistressDeeCee Tue 25-Feb-14 18:41:18

YANBU. I love my bum warmers, especially the ones that hold everything in. Whilst I do favour lace panties at times aside from that, I absolutely cannot bear thongs. Uncomfortable bum freezers, give me lace/french knickers style anytime.

DollyGrey Tue 25-Feb-14 19:02:13

Asda black granny pants here and the "baby" is nearly 3...

mymiraclebubba Tue 25-Feb-14 19:02:47

6 months on and still wearing mine!! I put on quite a bit of weight after bubba was born as I had barely eaten through pregnancy as I had quite bad hg and struggled to keep even water down sonic think my body went into overdrive to compensate and big knickers are comfier than my small pants!

drnoitall Tue 25-Feb-14 19:04:14

What does your age have to do it?
If you like them and they are comfy ... Great!

Tinks42 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:05:34

Be like me and don't wear any at all, bloody uncomfortable things altogether I say smile I haven't worn knickers for years.

CrispyFB Tue 25-Feb-14 19:05:40

I've never worn anything else, ever - don't see the point of being uncomfortable (I realise some people aren't in other stuff, but I am!) for something nobody is going to see 99.9% of the time. And for the times when it does matter, well, that's what really nice fancy ones are for!

Yup. Dd2 is almost 9m and was a CS.

still in my m and s granny pants, and maternity jeans. Sigh.

JupiterGentlefly Tue 25-Feb-14 19:10:22

What do you do about 'secretions' if you go commando Tinks? confused

MillyStar Tue 25-Feb-14 19:14:10

My dd is 22 months and I'm still wearing the two packs of massive knickers that I took into hospital with me

Really need to sort myself out!!

Tinks42 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:19:26

I wear things that I stick in the wash every day, never been one to have "secretions" running down my legs im probably a husk Mind you I don't wear skirts very often, but if I did I'd of course wear granny pants.

scaryg Tue 25-Feb-14 19:19:56

DD is 22 months and I'm still wearing the granny pants, I try and kid myself they're short type knickers, but in reality they're just big black granny knickers and I love them.

AlpacaLypse Tue 25-Feb-14 19:22:31

There are Maternity thongs??? <faints>

Sallyingforth Tue 25-Feb-14 20:09:18

No problems here going pant-less in summer. It's the natural way to be.

I love my huge sloggies grin
Sooooo comfy

onceaking Tue 25-Feb-14 20:17:15

Absolutely love granny pants and can't think why I bothered with fancy skimpy things in the past. DS is 7 months and I don't have time or energy to be sexy. Anyone else live in leggings because they're so comfy and don't require battles to squeeze in wandering bits of flesh?

I mean why would someone wear a thong?

I will not wear a thong. They are nothing more than genital floss and an efficient Thrush delivery mechanism. I wear shortlets in natural fibres only.

digerd Tue 25-Feb-14 20:22:54

Sloggi Chic Maxi for me now my bum cheeks have drooped - used to wear Thai high legs. Size 10 still so long as the waist elastic is very stretchy.
Off to look at the granny pants now.

JupiterGentlefly Tue 25-Feb-14 20:27:22

Thanks for clearing that up Tinks wink if you pardon my turn of phrase!
I wore my first sloggis yesterday.. heaven..

JupiterGentlefly Tue 25-Feb-14 20:29:33

I also think my 'shorts' are sexy. Shame noone sees them though. If I feel good on the inside then I must exude err.. goodness ?

Avenahoo Tue 25-Feb-14 20:37:00

Well I'm 3m post c section and found granny pants awful. I kept rolling them down as I hated the way they felt!
I'm so happy to be back in very comfy Brazilian type underwear. It's not a braggy thing honestly but I found granny pants baggy, saggy and really not comfy at all and I had bought plenty for the occasion!

BonaDea Tue 25-Feb-14 20:39:39

Mine are giant. I am so embarrassed by them but they are so so so comfy.

All my old ones sit right on my cs scar which isn't sore but is just unpleasant.

I had my cs 11 months and 6 days ago.

QueenBean Tue 25-Feb-14 20:45:35

I love my granny pants so very much. In my 20s, never had children. Just love how comfy they are! And no digging in / muffin top spillage.

Nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now