To be a bit miffed at this phone conversation I overheard DP having?

(184 Posts)
crispyporkbelly Tue 25-Feb-14 10:41:24

Wasn't eavesdropping btw, was in next room.

'That's what I miss, mate, the chase, getting dressed up...trying your chances, seeing what's out there...ah I envy you, I envy you'

His friend must have then said, well actually you're lucky because he said 'Yeah you're right, yeah true'

AIBU to be a bit hmm and sad about this? Given that he has a great life, a beautiful ds, cooked for everyday, clean house etc? Wtf is he complaining about. Feel like clouting him around the head.

MissBetseyTrotwood Thu 27-Feb-14 13:12:25

Hehe. Goblinchild's right, musician. He is currently working with a particularly lovely one who went out of her way to drop her boyfriend into conversation when we went out together. She really didn't have to but I thought it was sweet. I mentioned it to dh later and he hadn't noticed. I appreciated the sensitivity though.

Hope ops feeling better.

Goblinchild Thu 27-Feb-14 13:16:25

Good that they felt comfortable with him as well.
OH use to tutor at Oxford as well, surrounded by beauty, wealth and brains on a regular basis. He didn't notice much either. grin

MissBetseyTrotwood Thu 27-Feb-14 16:38:23

DreamingofSummer Thu 27-Feb-14 17:13:21

Betsy Thanks for clearing that up, I was imagining all sorts

Goblinchild Thu 27-Feb-14 17:19:46

Of course you were, Dreaming. That's probably why our partners wound up with Betsy and me instead of other more....sensitive women.

How long have you been with him, Betsy? grin

MissBetseyTrotwood Thu 27-Feb-14 18:56:40

18 years. Not married for that long tho!

Goblinchild Thu 27-Feb-14 19:02:12

You just sounded like someone in a comfortable, respectful and trusting relationship that had lasted a good while.
Sharing a bed with him
Even if I remove my socks, I haven't got enough digits. grin

MissBetseyTrotwood Thu 27-Feb-14 19:59:18

Aww that's lovely. Love that Mr Goblin's a not noticer too!

Allofaflumble Thu 27-Feb-14 21:19:40

Just a thought, but this could be someone reminiscing about being in the territorial army or going hunting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now