To keep ds in a rear facing seat?

(227 Posts)
Hedgehog80 Tue 25-Feb-14 09:09:35

Dh thinks so as ds2 (22months) fusses and cries a lot and dh thinks his legs are "squashed up".
He wants to turn the seat round so that ds can see more and might not get as upset in his car seat.

Dh said it won't make a difference and that he drives carefully but I pointed out that it might not be dh that causes an accident heaven forbid one happens and that it all depends where the impact is etc and so if rear facing is meant to be safer I want to keep ds that way.

Dh thinks I'm being over protective and has said he is concerned about ds legs being so restricted.

AIBU

Yonineedaminute Thu 27-Feb-14 09:36:45

theonlyone I think by the time they are 14kgs (approaching 3?) it becomes less important that they are forward facing so if you cannot fit 2 erf seats then an erf for your youngest is still good! I have also heard different things about harnesses vs the impact cushions. I think the problem is there are many different types of crashes and depending on the crash will affect the effectiveness of the different types of seats which makes the risk factor much more difficult to quantify.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 27-Feb-14 10:21:24

DS is actually 4.3yrs! Just very skinny!

Yip, failing two ERF seats DD in the TWE. We have a kiddy guardian pro in the camper van so I am just swithering about the best FF seat for the focus if can't RF. According to Which? Impact shields are better than harnesses but have read conflicting info. Arghhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now