To think having our Christening party in a pub is odd?

(57 Posts)
Strawberryteddybear Wed 19-Feb-14 21:43:23

We ideally want a community hall, but there are none local to our church that are available. Ones that are available are a car ride away and as some of our guests won't be driving, I think its unfair for us to expect them to get a bus/taxi.

There is a nice pub within walking distance that have a function room available, and is perfect. It doesn't really bother me or Dp but it feels weird and I don't know if our guests would be like hmm.

AIBU? Or am I just thinking too much about it?

MrsDeanAmbrose Thu 20-Feb-14 15:45:01

Our local Catholic church has a social club attached that most definitely sells alcohol, perfectly reasonable to have a Christening party in a pub.

I've never been to a christening (all Catholic) that didn't have a party in the function suite of a pub afterwards. Same with funerals.

mrssnodge Thu 20-Feb-14 16:06:37

20 yrs ago, we had a joint christening in a pub afterwards with SIL & Her SIS and 5 babies were christened together- joint families and its was a hoot- well that was just the karaoke!! yes it was that classy LOL!!

maddy68 Thu 20-Feb-14 16:07:48

All the christening a I've been to have had. Do in the pub x

curiousgeorgie Thu 20-Feb-14 16:08:19

We had both of ours in a pub, it was great! grin

We had dd1 baptised and then rolled down the hill to the function room in the pub at the bottom. Was perfect smile

bellablot Thu 20-Feb-14 19:42:15

Very common actually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now