To take DH cake at work?

(78 Posts)

DH is having a really hard time at work at the moment, one of his colleagues (who went for the promotion that DH got) is making his life a misery and his boss is too busy to care. I only work around the corner from him so would really like to take him some cake at lunchtime just to show I'm thinking of him and I support him. But worried it might look a bit...I don't know, interfering? Inappropriate? I never normally go to his work apart from to take DS in when he was born 16 months ago.

WWYD?

SelectAUserName Wed 19-Feb-14 14:49:08

As it's after lunch it's probably a non-issue now, but FWIW I would have sent him a text saying I hoped he was having a better day today and I was bringing a piece of cake home for him. Possibly even send him a picture of said cake.

He then knows you're thinking about him but he doesn't have to do anything or deal with any potential fall-out from childish colleagues and he has something nice to look forward to when he gets home.

CinnabarRed Wed 19-Feb-14 15:46:25

In my office, informal visitors aren't allowed past reception. So DH would need to ask the receptionist to call me, and (assuming I was at my desk to take the call) I would have to come to reception to collect it. So no issue with being embarrassed in front of my colleagues. But a greater than 50% chance of me not being at my desk and hence DH having a wasted trip.

I don't work in a high risk profession either!

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 19-Feb-14 20:16:37

It's a nice idea. But leave the cake at reception.

I would hate it if my dp did this and walked into my office.

It is my place of work, totally separate from my life at home and doesn't look professional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now