To feel horrible when its that 'time of the month'?

(49 Posts)
MrsGoslingWannabe Sun 16-Feb-14 23:23:55

To the point where I really don't want any affection from DP cos I feel so unattractive (and usually am after pre-menstrual spots & general run-down feeling).

kotinka Sun 16-Feb-14 23:26:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WaitWhatOh Sun 16-Feb-14 23:27:51

ditto. I get the week before feeling hungry and spotty and cranky.... and then the week 'of' where I am withdrawn from DH and feel like ugliest being on planet.....

Euphemia Sun 16-Feb-14 23:29:00

Horrible. I also get depressed. I've spent much of the weekend crying. sad

I'm 47 now, been having periods for 35 years and THAT'S ENOUGH!

kotinka Sun 16-Feb-14 23:42:31

MrsGoslingWannabe Sun 16-Feb-14 23:57:16

That sounds great Kotinka! Boo to hearing it gets worse as you get older - I'm 32! Usually the sadness etc disappears as soon as I'm Communist (DP's phrase) & I feel more energetic but not this time. I wonder if its PMDD. Also I think the Pill has 'changed' me - anyone else think this?

kotinka Sun 16-Feb-14 23:59:36

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 17-Feb-14 00:01:01

YANBU. I have a week before when I eat anything and everything, have a very short temper & could sleep for Britain.

I have heavy periods so during I am constantly paranoid about leakage, smell etc. and generally feel like shite.

missmatched Mon 17-Feb-14 00:05:57

l don't understand how my sister gets the anger at her totm and l just don't have any energy at mine,the effort of being a woman is draining isn't it.l'm pale at best lm practically transparent for 4 days of the month.ooh lm only one day one.

CouthyMow Mon 17-Feb-14 01:16:41

It's bad enough when it's the time of the month. For the last 6 months it's been the time of the bloody fortnight. I'm either premenstrual or on. angry

Minifingers Mon 17-Feb-14 07:24:09

I'm 47 and am in the throws of peri-menopause. My periods are.... Horrendous. Rage. Flooding. Weeping. Exhaustion.

I feel like I'm bleeding to death ATM.

kotinka Mon 17-Feb-14 07:51:05

JapaneseMargaret Mon 17-Feb-14 07:54:49

I never used to get any sort of PMS/PMT/whatever you want to call it, but recently I have started getting so irritable in the days leading up.

So much so, that I really dislike myself, so God knows what people who have to love with me think.

Is there anything that helps...?

kotinka Mon 17-Feb-14 08:27:58

MrsDavidBowie Mon 17-Feb-14 08:52:46

I'm nearly 54, on HRT and still feel shit for up to a week every month. And still bleed.

42 years of menstruation.

kotinka Mon 17-Feb-14 08:54:01

pussycatdoll Mon 17-Feb-14 08:56:47

Mine were horrendous too - flooding , leaking, sleeping on a towel at night despite wearing extra super tampon + 2 bedtime pads
So I went on cezarette
No more bleeding
Literally changed my life

pussycatdoll Mon 17-Feb-14 08:58:04

I used to plan holidays & weekend trips around them , work was horrendous sad every half an hour in the loo & the cramping gave me loose bowels blush
the joys of being a woman, eh?!

MrsGoslingWannabe Mon 17-Feb-14 10:07:05

I feel like DP hatesm me when I'm pre-memstrual (& I don't blame him) and then once it is TOTM he gets frustrated as no sex. I really would like to bugger off for half the month and be around for the 2 weeks when I'm ok-ish.

When I said I feel like the Pill has changed me, I meant mentally/chemically. The physical side is fine but I feel like my personality has changed - less fun, couldn't care less attitude that I can't seem to shake off. Maybe I'm depressed.

kotinka Mon 17-Feb-14 10:11:34

123Jump Mon 17-Feb-14 10:27:49

Im on Cerazette too. Haven't had a period for about 7 years. And I've had another baby in that time too!
I simply couldn't bear to have a period every month, you have my sympathy OP, it is horrible.

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 17-Feb-14 10:30:21

Mine are a lot easier now that I'm taking iron supplements daily.

sparechange Mon 17-Feb-14 10:30:53

Does anyone else get digestive issues?
Day 1, I get the runs, then total constipation 2-5, with abdominal cramps

Then to add insult to injury, I have to take iron tablets for a week afterwards, which have the same side effects.

mrssnodge Mon 17-Feb-14 10:47:22

Another fan of cerazette here- at 46! no periods at last after months of flooding/bleeding for 6 wks at a time, back n forward to docs, implant/.tranexamic acid/vag scans/ the works! So far no side effects, just no blood! Dp has had snip so dont need it for contraception, but something so simple has transformed my life!!!

Phalenopsis Mon 17-Feb-14 11:18:55

YABNU.

I'm waiting for mine to start in the next week. I'm spotty, crabby, eating like a gannet and constipated. Oh and I'm getting over a menstrual migraine which is nice. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now