To be just WAITING to see my SIL be all PFB?

(14 Posts)
AwfulMaureen Mon 10-Feb-14 23:27:28

And looking forward to it? She's having her first baby aged 42...we're all massively excited for her...she's going to be excellent at it. BUT AIBU to be looking forward to her exhibitions of PFB-ness?

Before getting pregnant she was PFB about her dog. She once said "Please don't talk about the dog in front of her." and meant it.

I love dogs...but all hers cares about is feeding it's face...it doesn't give a shite what we talk about.

Another time she seriously discussed getting the dog some counselling for depression. The dog wasn't depressed! Just fat!

AND in the past she pissed me off numerous times with comments and actions to my DC..which I have never called her on as I just let it go...not BIG stuff but things which I know will get to her when she has her own. grin I perversely WANT her to be all PFB so I can enjoy it and have a giggle.

You sound like a wonderful SIL hmm

glad you're not mine

Topaz25 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:43:14

Oh come on, OP said her SIL will be an excellent mother and she is excited for her. It's not like she is being negative and unsupportive, she jus thinks it will be funny if SIL is PFB.

Reactions like that are the reason people have to put (lighthearted) in the thread title.

Topaz25 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:43:33

*just

AwfulMaureen Mon 10-Feb-14 23:44:34

Ha! I am a bloody wonderful SIL! I've forgotten and not responded to more mean and unreasonable things than most would dream of! It really doesn't bother me....I just know she's going to be the PFB-est Mother in the world.

I was with my DD1...

Sigh. I should have put the "lighthearted" disclaimer on the heading. Forgot that many posters can't tell a bit of banter from an invitation for a kicking.

AwfulMaureen Mon 10-Feb-14 23:45:08

X posts Topaz thank you! Exactly.

ashtrayheart Mon 10-Feb-14 23:46:48

Counselling for a dog? How does that work grin

Chatelaine123 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:49:33

What is PFB? Please?
Abbreviations, they don't help.

Topaz25 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:50:36

Precious First Born.

AwfulMaureen Mon 10-Feb-14 23:52:24

Ashtray God knows. She knows all kinds of hippy types and lives in a particularly new age town. I really don't mean to be horrid. I am so looking forward to a new baby in the family...but I am also braced for the PFB behaviour

Lora1982 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:53:39

I hope you have someone you can share secret eyerolls with when she starts. Thats half the dun

Lora1982 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:54:03

Fun clearly

Chatelaine123 Mon 10-Feb-14 23:56:44

Thank you Topaz.

violetshoes Tue 11-Feb-14 00:04:44

YANBU. I'm loving the fact my SIL is PFB. Loving it.

She used to throw massive temper tantrums when she came to stay (before she had her DS) as my DD (14 mths at that time) cried at night and kept her awake. She was crying as she was unsettled because we'd moved her out of her bedroom to accommodate SIL.

MIL mentioned recently that when SIL and her DS (1 year) stay, SIL insists they have to be extra quiet in the evening, no tv, house work, loud talking, so that he doesn't wake up. She stays for a month at a time.

She is also PFB about her dog. My children aren't allowed to visit MIL at same time as they might upset the dog. (MIL has a massive fully fenced garden and it would be v easy to keep dog and DCs seperate).

She also went to a dog trainer as she was worried her dog was neurotic. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now