Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask ExH for my money back?

(13 Posts)
KingRollo Mon 10-Feb-14 14:40:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KingRollo Mon 10-Feb-14 17:47:59

AlpacaLypse Netherlands Mon 10-Feb-14 17:50:13

Answering your second point... You'll get more traffic here, but probably better advice in Legal.

AlpacaLypse Netherlands Mon 10-Feb-14 17:51:12

Hang on - are you in Germany or am I mixing you up with someone else?

RandomMess Mon 10-Feb-14 17:52:55

Well all assets of the marriage are assets to be shared including the car so presumably if divorcing under UK law you'll be entitled to 50% of the value of the car now?

If you loaned the money to the business then you need to reclaim that from the business... not sure how you prove that though confused

ZenNudist Mon 10-Feb-14 17:54:55

Think you're entitled to a share of the value of the business as well as the car.

ZillionChocolate Mon 10-Feb-14 17:57:52

Any advice you get here will be based on English&Welsh or Scottish law. If you're in Germany (which rings a bell) then you need to say so.

In E&W child contact/residence proceedings are completely separate from money, so you can't kill two birds with one stone.

KingRollo Mon 10-Feb-14 17:59:47

AlpacaLypse Netherlands Mon 10-Feb-14 21:59:21

Did you repost in Legal in the end?

And big unMNetty hugs while I'm at it. God knows you need them more than most...

KingRollo Tue 11-Feb-14 07:49:23

Jinty64 Tue 11-Feb-14 07:58:36

I think you should ask this to be moved to legal because I think that's what your question is.

I believe that when you are in a partnership you don't lend money to the other partner and any money used to purchase a big item such as a car is shared money anyway (although the car should be shared too) so I don't think anyone should "owe" the other anything.

KingRollo Tue 11-Feb-14 08:01:39

WaitMonkey Tue 11-Feb-14 09:28:58

I remember your other posts. Hope you and the lo are doing well. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now