This is a test for 6 year olds. How would you score? DD (aged 6) got a D.

(161 Posts)
Greythorne Sun 09-Feb-14 22:42:17

This is the question:

1) Rewrite the correct sentences.

a) Mum goes to work on the train.
b) what lovely weather!
c) We're singing in the rain

AuntieStella Mon 10-Feb-14 12:20:26

Sentence 3 is missing a full stop.

Misspixietrix Mon 10-Feb-14 12:45:20

Well if the Teacher only wanted Dd to write Sentence A. She should have made it clearer. If that was Dds Teacher (Yr3) He would have written 'Rewrite the correct sentence' and he also wouldn't have marked every child's work with a Grade. Is this a new Gove thing? confused.

My (very average for his class) 6 year old wouldn't be able to read the question with enough understanding... even if the bloody question made sense! I would be seriously pissed off if he was issued such definitive grades at 6!

I am from the midlands and the to, too/two pronunciation would be the same as Waterlego.

Thumbwitch Mon 10-Feb-14 12:53:30

I'd copy her question paper and send it back to her, marked with a big red D for bloody awful phrasing and content of her question!

As others have already said, "rewrite" is not the same as "copy out"; and the sentences were crap anyway, especially B, which isn't actually a sentence at all and therefore shouldn't have been there.

Your poor DD. sad

Littleen Mon 10-Feb-14 13:02:17

a) Mum goes to work on the train. - Mum goes to work taking the train. (Or something like that, though I read it as her working on the train. It might just be correct as a trick question.)
b) what lovely weather! - What lovely weather!
c) We're singing in the rain - We're singing in the rain.

What a stupid test! Shows nothing at all.

Paintyfingers Mon 10-Feb-14 13:08:24

Iam, the question is completely unclear. If this was part of a lesson plan submitted for assessment on a pgcse or similar course I very much doubt the teacher would score highly.

ComposHat Mon 10-Feb-14 13:08:38

A) Thanks to rising fares and the economic downturn mum now walks to the dole office

Caitlin17 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:41:40

Iam the question was badly worded and ambiguous on a number of counts.

To, too and two are all pronounced the same.

In Scots dialect "to" can be changed to "tae" (pronounced tay)and "two" to "twa" (pronounced as it is spelt) but those are different words not ways of pronunciation.

Bonsoir Wed 12-Feb-14 17:09:44

Hi Greythorne.

I've just seen this. The teacher isn't Miss A*a by any chance?

Greythorne Wed 12-Feb-14 17:43:20

Hi Bonsoir
smile
No, it's not Miss A....
Are you having problems with her? I remember you were circumspect about her.

Bonsoir Wed 12-Feb-14 17:53:55

Not with her (she's coming up next year, in CM2) - but lots of problems!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now