To think the British Olympic Commentators need to get a grip!

(75 Posts)
SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 09-Feb-14 10:44:39

Watching the women's snowboarding. We've just got a medal. Yes. I agree it's exciting, yes it's our first, but seriously?
There's weeping, He can "feel his pulse in his lower intestine"...
Oh dear! confused

Morgause Sun 09-Feb-14 10:46:02

All sports commentators are in need of a grip. It's a game FFs not war. Sport isn't important.

melonribena Sun 09-Feb-14 10:47:00

I agree! It's quite hilarious! And what does Matthew Pinsent know about snowboarding??!!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sun 09-Feb-14 10:49:34

Oh I enjoyed them getting emotional - but maybe that's because I also shed a tear when her mum was revealed...

casacastille Sun 09-Feb-14 10:49:53

It's the shrieking into the microphone I can't stand.

IHaveSeenMyHat Sun 09-Feb-14 10:51:38

I thought it was lovely. The two experts (Ed and Aimee wasn't it?) we're seeing their minority sport getting some success and recognition. Not to mention seeing their friend - who nearly retired in 2012 - win a surprise medal.

Except they don't seem to be giving out medals, only flowers? Anyone know why?

AtYourCervix Sun 09-Feb-14 10:52:53

Don't be so bloody miserable. It's great to have a bit if enthusiasm.

HolidayArmadillo Sun 09-Feb-14 10:52:56

YABU, nowt wrong with a bit of genuine excitement.

wowfudge Sun 09-Feb-14 10:53:09

It's not just us then! We were wondering who the commentary team were as it was awful - not very professional. And stop screaming. Now. Please.

ginmakesitallok Sun 09-Feb-14 10:53:14

Oh come one - it's the UKs first medal ever on snow!! It IS a big deal!

May I be the first to say "If you don't think it's important then don't watch it"

onedev Sun 09-Feb-14 10:57:15

I think YABU - I thought it was fab & their reacting made me shed a tear! For whoever asked, Medal ceremony is this afternoon.

Divinity Sun 09-Feb-14 10:57:53

Thankfully one if the commentators cut her screaming off. Bad form to shriek with glee over a competitor falling too.

It is important and it is a big deal but that was poor commentating.

HungryHorace Sun 09-Feb-14 10:57:54

I thought it was great. I may also have got a touch emotional (pregnancy hormones!).

It's a huge deal for people in the sport, even if it isn't for you. YABU.

KittyVonCatsington Sun 09-Feb-14 10:58:48

I thought they were very funny and made watching the "in-between" bits enjoyable. YABU

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Sun 09-Feb-14 10:59:02

I think it's important too. Well done Jenny!

wowfudge Sun 09-Feb-14 11:00:17

I don't mind excitement - it was the shrieking and screaming and the 'jokey' banter between the commentators. They kept talking over stuff instead of explaining what was going on properly.

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:01:13

I thought they were great, made it seem more exciting and it got DS interested whereas usually he wouldn't be fussed. It's nice that they were showing pride and enthusiasm!

Terrortree Sun 09-Feb-14 11:01:34

I found them really childish sounding and misplaced in their enthusiasm. I thought I was listening to a dodgy radio show for tweenagers!

Delighted for women's snowboarding but the commentary will always be annoying.

JeanSeberg Sun 09-Feb-14 11:05:44

It was godawful and don't start me on the constant reference to 'the girls' competing.

andadietcoke Sun 09-Feb-14 11:07:35

I did love her mum though, and when JJ said "are they live?". It was lovely, and I may have cried a bit.

DrNick Sun 09-Feb-14 11:08:21

ffs

you are a miserable fucker

Salmotrutta Sun 09-Feb-14 11:11:08

They were just excited for goodness sake!

Ok, maybe they could have toned it down a bit but at least they aren't coming across as automatons.

ChippyMinton Sun 09-Feb-14 11:11:46

OP - are you one of 'mums and dads' he kept referring to and explaining for?

LadyStark Sun 09-Feb-14 11:15:31

The female commentator was her team mate, they are probably incredibly close friends, I am not surprised she was screaming with excitement!

There is always a mute button. Personally, I like the passion and enthusiasm.

Beckyboo4 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:17:17

I actually enjoyed it and although the banter wasn't the best it was still exciting to watch. I loved the fact that the that the commentators cried a little, it just showed they were emotional over Jenny Jones getting a Bronze. It was a pretty big moment and you could of muted the TV so YABU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now