to ask what 'the lemon drizzle cake thread' is

(17 Posts)
ilikeyourface Sat 08-Feb-14 23:30:08

I havent a clue. Think its something about a bake sale? If somebody could give me the linky or just tell me the basic outline that would be great.

smallandimperfectlyformed Sat 08-Feb-14 23:32:13

It's in classics, I can't remember what it's called but I think it was started by Marmalade Twatkins and there was a woman on the PTA who was a pain in the arse about bake sales. It was very funny!

DramaAlpaca Sat 08-Feb-14 23:36:27

www.mumsnet.com/...classics/a1718384-To-pelt-my-cakes-at-this-mums- head-in-the-playground-this-afternoon-fume

DramaAlpaca Sat 08-Feb-14 23:37:27

Sorry, that link's not working. You can get there from ohforfoxache's link above.

AramintaDeWinter Sun 09-Feb-14 00:48:19

I've just read the whole of the sequel thread - it stops at 1000 posts with a link to a new thread, but the new thread was deleted.
So, after emailgate, what happened next??

Joysmum Sun 09-Feb-14 02:40:12

Bastards! Have just through both threads (can't sleep) and can't find the third thread where's a teary smiley when you need one

KeatsiePie Sun 09-Feb-14 03:20:14

The third thread got zapped, but there was a great thread about a thread that followed up on it - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/a1862523-Bugger-Just-logged-in-and-it-got-deleted

Unbelievably, I caught the LDC incident but somehow missed the email incident which was A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER. Have just read it all howling with laughter, can't believe I didn't see it at the time.

ilikeyourface Sun 09-Feb-14 08:28:55

I cant decide weather to thank you for the links or be angry at you as I didnt sleep last night cause I was reading them. Very funny though grin

Well, you did ask! <innocent>

I lost many hours of sleep keeping up with them! relieved I'm not the only one

Did someone post recently that lemon drizzle cake woman put the whole thing down to stress and is now back fundraising??

minouminou Sun 09-Feb-14 10:34:33

The LDC thread was the best one EVER!!!!
I lost an entire day of work to it...gladly!

Omg Blue shock talk about having a brass neck shock

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Sun 09-Feb-14 12:06:07

According to a recent thread, LDC is back fundraising, and there's a new bake sale on at the school with a nature-theme.

schlurplethepurple Sun 09-Feb-14 15:28:10

Has anyone got a link to the recent thread?

ScrambledeggLDCcakeBOAK Sun 09-Feb-14 17:41:44

I had to register just to shock at this whole story!

awsomer Tue 26-Aug-14 16:34:02

I've just spent hours reading both the original lemon drizzle thread and the email fallout karmic follow up thread. I got to the end of the latter which was an absolutely desperate cliffhanger awaiting a letter from the head, clicked on the link and got nothing! Then I came here, clicked on the link 'bugger-just-logged-in-and-it-got-deleted' and... nothing!

Come on MN,you can't do this to me! How did it end? What did the head say? Did LDC leave the country? What is Marmalade Twakins doing now?!

Why were the links deleted? Why?!

<rocks muttering to self>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now