Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To ask: does anybody else think that they're just really crap at everything...

(110 Posts)
newsecretidentity Sat 08-Feb-14 13:50:06

all the time?

Seriously, I know I've survived to reach my mid-thirties, so I must have got some things right at some point. But I can't seem to go through a day without cocking something up. Burning the dinner, forgetting my phone, paying a bill late...

Does anybody else get that feeling, or is it just me?

kelper Wed 19-Feb-14 12:25:44

I'm crap at everything. Child raising, cooking, working, tidying, talking to people without sounding like a gimp (actually I'm good at talking to people and sounding like a gimp!!) just everything.
Never had a career, only jobs.have got no drive or determination for anything.im nearly 35. Don't think it's fixable tbh :-/

divisionbyzero Wed 19-Feb-14 12:23:11

I'm brilliant at everything, I don't know if that sort of counts?

Kiddie Wed 19-Feb-14 11:20:17

Rverything? No not quite but there was a time when I did now I just think I'm verging on rubbish at most things. You can't be all the time can you? Surely you don't burn the dinner everytime do you?

BB01 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:16:05

I'm good at less practical things eg listening to people, making people laugh, making up silly songs to cheer DD up!

Sad51 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:10:28

I just remembered another thing I am good at - being disciplined. If for example, I want to lose weight, I put plans into place until I see the results.

What things are you all good at?

Balaboosta Wed 12-Feb-14 07:31:43

(I'm crap with children... Absolutely pants.)

Balaboosta Wed 12-Feb-14 07:30:51

Stop!!! I love you all!!!
We're all human beings doing what we can. One thing goes wrong every day? Only one thing? Brilliant! Thinks of all the other things that didn't!
Give yourselves some love!!! And here's some from me!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

newsecretidentity Wed 12-Feb-14 07:04:31

PigofHappiness primary school classmate could come to Crapstone with his crappy models.

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Tue 11-Feb-14 21:57:10

Im crap at my job and being a parent too.
I dont cook or clean (luckily DH does),
I always have a moan in my head about having to help the DCs do their homework (and other school relating stuff)
Im crap at making conversation,
Im crap at making friends (was just thinking in the bath that I know loads of people who have one or two best friend their whole life, I have no-one like that, I have no-one who I can rely on to be there for me or vice versa)
Im really really crap at decisions, from the really important ones (like should we move house, have another child etc) to the mundane ones (like do I have tea or coffee, watch this or that)

There was a boy in primary school who used his baby bel wax to make models out of. If was gross

newsecretidentity Tue 11-Feb-14 21:50:28

I can make candles out of the wax from Babybels. They make great crappy Christmas presents. "Here, I made you this. It came from cheese..."

coffeeinbed Tue 11-Feb-14 21:17:25

I'm useless at being assertive in my private life. I'm far too nice.
I can do it perfectly well in my job, but only when actually doing the job, not the whole admin malarkey around it.

I used to think I was crap as a mother but all things considered I think didn't too badly.

I'm bloody brilliant at knitting and crochet. Very useful, that..

Sad51 Tue 11-Feb-14 21:12:23

At school I felt very average and blended into the background. I was shy and awkward so a major target for bullying.

I am far better at English and just did not 'get' mathematics at all.

I have friends who excelled in mathematics and I am in awe of them. I am in awe of doctors, lawyers, surgeons, CEO's. To me it is a certain type of person who has these job roles.

I remember doing an experiment at university and I had three attempts whilst my peers did well the first time. I cried my eyes out felt well and truly thick then.

I am in a first level senior job and would like to move up. Part of me is comfortable in current role and worried I have not got what it takes to be any more than I am.

I am good at;
Administration at home and work
Organisation
Keeping our home clean and tidy
Being a loyal friend
Listening
Driving
Speaking to others
Cooking
Managing on a few hours sleep
Presenting myself well I.e. appearance
Faking confidence

newsecretidentity Tue 11-Feb-14 21:01:31

Ah-ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose experienced trouser-escaping knickers. (In my case, also at work. Why do they still employ me?)

On the way home from Disneyland Paris with dd1 I didn't close my suitcase properly and I trailed clothes through departures of cdg airport without noticing. Someone had to stop me and I had to frantically pick up my clothes.

Will that do?

SofaCanary Tue 11-Feb-14 20:51:34

Yesterday's pants (sensibly large and covered in primroses) once escaped down the leg of my jeans as I was sitting in the 6th form common room...my face is burning with embarrassment just thinking about it.

Will that do you, new?

I will be running for the craptown chamber too. Took a wrong turn on the way to work and had to go the whole way around two and one way systems before I figured out how to get to work blush
I was meant to bring my squares for woolly hugs to work to see in the ends on my lunch and brought the needles but forgot the bloody squares. Doh.

newsecretidentity Tue 11-Feb-14 20:40:40

(Please, somebody report something more crap than that... Don't let the thread rest upon my wandering knickers!)

newsecretidentity Tue 11-Feb-14 17:03:36

When I sleep away from home, I almost invariably lose my pants.

This is unfortunate, because I often have sleepover shifts at work. Two times, colleagues have had to return my undergarments to me the next week.

Thisvehicleisreversing Tue 11-Feb-14 16:48:26

Can I move to Craptown too please?

I don't get up til 8:10 even though I have to leave at 8:35. I leave the kids to get themselves ready blush I just cover my greasy hair with a hat and shove my coat on over my manky jumper.

I can't be arsed to do housework.
I'm crap at dealing with bills so leave it all to DH.
My memory is atrocious.
I can't cook.
I'm clumsy.
I'm a crap conversationalist.
I can't drive.
I forget to do 'girly' things like plucking my eyebrows and moisturising then wonder why I suddenly look like shite.

I can, however, make a great cup of tea. smile

newsecretidentity Tue 11-Feb-14 16:36:38

It does feel a bit cathartic to to get all the crap out on the table, as it were.

Since my last post, I have:
-realized I forgot to register DD2 for school and missed the deadline shock
-Left my phone at home when I went to work
-Let the pasta boil over
-Left my phone at work when I went home
-Put a plastic cheese packet on the hob, immediately after removing boiled over pasta. It's now melted on.
-Lost the lid to the pesto WHILE I WAS USING IT. I now have lidless pesto.
-Left the front door unlocked while I went on the school run.
-Lifted the edge of the rug to discover two chocolate coins from someone's Christmas stocking. Win!

In Crapstone, can I run for election as the Minister of Keys? If everybody could just pass their keys over, I'll proceed to lose them all in a disorderly fashion.

GilmoursPillow Tue 11-Feb-14 16:33:01

I don't know whether I'm crap or just lazy.

I get up every day with such big intentions but just waste everyday in a tired haze of procrastination, Candy Crush or naps.

Callani Tue 11-Feb-14 15:27:54

[dons bossy hat] Ok everyone who is putting themselves down needs to stop because I see people on here every day being kind and giving advice to strangers and being supportive and I refuse to believe that you're all crap because I've SEEN differently. So there. grin

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 11-Feb-14 14:15:06

Crapstone needs a Ministry of Crap too!

Administer the crapness of the town in a crap disorganised manner. Nothing would ever get done!

livelablove Tue 11-Feb-14 14:04:26

Yes I want to live in Craptown. Dh can't come as he is too competent but he is rubbish at diy so he can pop over to put up a wonky shelf and leave mowing the lawn till next year week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now