To ask: does anybody else think that they're just really crap at everything...

(110 Posts)
newsecretidentity Sat 08-Feb-14 13:50:06

all the time?

Seriously, I know I've survived to reach my mid-thirties, so I must have got some things right at some point. But I can't seem to go through a day without cocking something up. Burning the dinner, forgetting my phone, paying a bill late...

Does anybody else get that feeling, or is it just me?

There was a boy in primary school who used his baby bel wax to make models out of. If was gross

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Tue 11-Feb-14 21:57:10

Im crap at my job and being a parent too.
I dont cook or clean (luckily DH does),
I always have a moan in my head about having to help the DCs do their homework (and other school relating stuff)
Im crap at making conversation,
Im crap at making friends (was just thinking in the bath that I know loads of people who have one or two best friend their whole life, I have no-one like that, I have no-one who I can rely on to be there for me or vice versa)
Im really really crap at decisions, from the really important ones (like should we move house, have another child etc) to the mundane ones (like do I have tea or coffee, watch this or that)

newsecretidentity Wed 12-Feb-14 07:04:31

PigofHappiness primary school classmate could come to Crapstone with his crappy models.

Balaboosta Wed 12-Feb-14 07:30:51

Stop!!! I love you all!!!
We're all human beings doing what we can. One thing goes wrong every day? Only one thing? Brilliant! Thinks of all the other things that didn't!
Give yourselves some love!!! And here's some from me!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Balaboosta Wed 12-Feb-14 07:31:43

(I'm crap with children... Absolutely pants.)

Sad51 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:10:28

I just remembered another thing I am good at - being disciplined. If for example, I want to lose weight, I put plans into place until I see the results.

What things are you all good at?

BB01 Wed 19-Feb-14 11:16:05

I'm good at less practical things eg listening to people, making people laugh, making up silly songs to cheer DD up!

Kiddie Wed 19-Feb-14 11:20:17

Rverything? No not quite but there was a time when I did now I just think I'm verging on rubbish at most things. You can't be all the time can you? Surely you don't burn the dinner everytime do you?

divisionbyzero Wed 19-Feb-14 12:23:11

I'm brilliant at everything, I don't know if that sort of counts?

kelper Wed 19-Feb-14 12:25:44

I'm crap at everything. Child raising, cooking, working, tidying, talking to people without sounding like a gimp (actually I'm good at talking to people and sounding like a gimp!!) just everything.
Never had a career, only jobs.have got no drive or determination for anything.im nearly 35. Don't think it's fixable tbh :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now