to not want charity collection bags put through my door daily?!

(17 Posts)
principalitygirl Sat 08-Feb-14 13:28:14

how can I get them stopped?!

LuisSuarezTeeth Sat 08-Feb-14 13:29:21

Why is it such a problem?

notundermyfoof Sat 08-Feb-14 13:42:58

Yanbu nor were you bu any of the other 4 times grin

hootloop Sat 08-Feb-14 13:48:47

I just use them as free bin liners.

Spookey80 Sat 08-Feb-14 13:49:08

I use them as bin liners.

principalitygirl Sat 08-Feb-14 13:49:56

sorry for multiple posting. didn't show on my phone.

don't want bags for same reason I don't want junk mail. I take
all my unwanted stuff to
local charity shop already.

LegoCaltrops Sat 08-Feb-14 13:51:13

I love them. The 'charity' never comes to pick up the empty bags, so we have a supply of free bin bags for DD's nappy bin, which we empty daily.

Beccadugs Sat 08-Feb-14 13:52:35

I find it bloody irritating too, as they never get collected. What is the point of sending them?!

whomadeyougod Sat 08-Feb-14 13:52:39

put a note on your door , i dont get bags , leaflets or free papers now.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 08-Feb-14 13:56:00

They are basically just bin liners. They have always come in really handy for me.

If you take stuff to the charity shop then you can use them to transport it in. Saves you buying bags or bin liners.

liquidstate Sat 08-Feb-14 15:55:26

I use them to pick up dog poo in the garden or they go in the bin. It is annoying though as the charity don't get as much money from the collections and sometimes the charity is a bit of an iffy one. The record is 4 in one day. I usually get one or two daily.

I would much rather deal direct with my local charity shop where I have a donor no. which allows them to claim gift aid as I am a taxpayer.

Tabliope Sat 08-Feb-14 15:57:17

I haven't bought bin liners in years so like them.

Bunbaker Sat 08-Feb-14 16:02:45

"I take all my unwanted stuff to local charity shop already."

So do I - in the bags that get shoved through my letterbox. Charities make far more from direct donations. They see very little from these bag collections. That is why so many charity shops are suffering, because they are losing out on donations from the public.

Flisspaps Sat 08-Feb-14 16:06:46

I have a sign on my door. Works wonders.

starlight1234 Sat 08-Feb-14 16:10:13

Another bin linner user of them here too

notundermyfoof Sat 08-Feb-14 20:48:10

I never use them, they just go straight in the bin here! The companies that collect the bags sell the things and donate a tiny percentage to the charity. If I want to donate my things to charity I take them to the shop myself.

winterhat Sat 08-Feb-14 21:23:54

YANBU. There are a couple which do actually collect and are charities I'd support, so I use those. But the ones which aren't actually charities, or which are too picky "no books, no bric a brac, no anything" go in the bin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now