To think that this woman, who I thought was my friend, secretly hates me?

(26 Posts)

She's bought my DD a massive tub of those stupid beads that you iron and a Mickey Mouse clubhouse DVD as gifts, lovely I thought. But having spent the whole chasing round the floor while listening to the clubhouse theme tune I'm beginning to think I've entered a new level of Hell and she's done it deliberately to torture me.

Or am I just being paranoid after a day of psychological torture. Btw dd is 4.

I swear to god its a conspiracy!

My mum recently bought DS the loudest, repetitive and most annoying toy guitar in the world....

What the hell did I ever do to her?? angry

NatashaBee Fri 07-Feb-14 17:29:01

If she gets your DD moonsand or a recorder next, then you'll know for sure that she hates you.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Fri 07-Feb-14 17:31:30

She has a child you can give a kazoo to, I hope?

WaitMonkey Fri 07-Feb-14 17:36:47

Give her dc moonsand for Christmas. That will tell the bitch. grin

moon sand.... I'll get it on , it's her DD birthday next month. Moonsand with a kazoo. And that Peppa pig DVD where they sing peace and harmony in all the world, on a loop.

fairnotfair Fri 07-Feb-14 17:41:59

Years ago, BIL and SIL (who were child-free at that point) gave toddler DS1 a present comprising a drum, tambourine, recorder, maracas, and jingle bells.

angry

Fast-forward a few years: I gave their DS a harmonica. A proper one.

grin

anothernumberone Fri 07-Feb-14 17:43:01

She didn't buy moon sand, she only kinda hates you.

Pigeonhouse Fri 07-Feb-14 17:46:30

I bought a family member a giant chocolate fountain for their children.

DoJo Fri 07-Feb-14 18:23:39

I can recommend the V-tech emergency services set if you really want to de-stabilise someone's mind - tuneless, non-scanning songs which make no sense and there's three of them which any young child can get working completely out of time with one another!

GlendaTheGrizzlyPiggy Fri 07-Feb-14 18:33:23

DoJo I feel your pain. DS loves his V-Tech fire engine. I actually caught myself singing 'Emergency Emergency lets go and fight the fiiiree' the other day. I've prayed to every single deity that it'll fall out of favour soon.

evertonmint Fri 07-Feb-14 18:39:38

I don't know if she hates you but as I recently bought glitter for my 3yo Dd I clearly hate myself.

skaen Fri 07-Feb-14 18:41:42

Play dough and Hama beads in the hands of a 4 yo should be banned under the Geneva Convention. You could try those.

GertyD Fri 07-Feb-14 18:50:50

I didn't like my step nephews mother, so I bought him a worm and ant farm.

DoJo Fri 07-Feb-14 21:48:37

GlendaTheGrizzlyPiggy It's the police car that gets me: 'I'm a police car, moving along, to catch the burglars and stop the crime. Yeah!'

Fortunately the fire engine was 'lost' recently when my son took his eye off it for five seconds, but every so often I find myself thinking 'It is my duty to fight fires'!

I have no idea who they get to write the 'lyrics' for these things, but my toddler could come up with a more coherent description of what a police car does!

IamGrimalkin Fri 07-Feb-14 21:55:35

The toot toot drivers garage that these vehicles go with has the most annoying song ever. The worst thing is that the flippin' thing only has one volume level so you can't even turn it down!

superstarheartbreaker Fri 07-Feb-14 22:05:40

Yanbu. Everyone buys dd crafty bits with which my living room gets plastered.

Grokette Fri 07-Feb-14 22:07:19

The batteries went dead on our Vtech emergency vehicles about a year ago and I never replaced them. DDs still occasionally flick the switch underneath and look up at me with sad eyes...

onepieceoflollipop Fri 07-Feb-14 22:08:10

get that peppa DVD with the song "bing bong bing,, bing bong bing,bing bong diddly doddly doo" (or words to that effect!)

onepieceoflollipop Fri 07-Feb-14 22:08:51

oh and a huge tub of glitter, and another of those teeny tiny foil bits to stick on cards.

LalyRawr Fri 07-Feb-14 22:10:00

After DD's 1st birthday I called up the parent of every child I have ever given a gift to and apologised.

Her 2nd birthday is in 3 weeks, I am praying they have all forgiven me...

Cheesy123 Sat 08-Feb-14 09:35:32

Bubbles - I hate them they arrive in every party bag I then have to stand there blowing the damn things for hours or if I let the children do it they get tipped on the floor and then they cry!!!

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 09:42:51

I 'lost' dd hema after her party, have now regifted. I wonder how many times they'll go round.

MistyB Sat 08-Feb-14 09:50:40

I am a fairly relaxed (slattern) parent and am quite fond of crafty mess. I bought DD's friend moon sand when DD was quite into it. When we got to her house for the party, I realise what a terrible mistake it was!

Hoppinggreen Sat 08-Feb-14 09:51:11

Hama beads means she might hate you. If you get moonsand and a chemistry set next times then yes she definitely hates you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now