to cry over hotel bridal policy?

(410 Posts)
PrebendsBridge Thu 06-Feb-14 16:43:44

Getting married in 4 weeks v cheaply. Registry office, two guests as witnesses, no flowers, haïr dressers, cars or any of that stuff. £200 cream L K Bennett dress.

The only 'treat element' of the day was booking a night at a 5 star hotel, with dinner for our two guests.

That's all we can afford, and I didn't want to have to wait years saving to get married.

Only problem now is that I can't wear my dress to the hotel. They have a bridal policy of only one bride (their wedding package) at the hotel. So despite my not having anything ostensibly bridal, as my sheath dress is cream I can't wear it incase I offend a bride who can afford a massive wedding package.

AIBU to think this sucks??

BOFtastic Sat 08-Feb-14 20:46:27

You bloody enjoy it then, and be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

Gruntfuttock Sat 08-Feb-14 20:53:53

OP, I couldn't agree with you more about what really matters. I had a register office wedding followed by lunch at a lovely country restaurant with our two witnesses. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with that. It was just lovely. Over 23 years later we're still very happy together indeed.

RhondaJean Sat 08-Feb-14 20:58:07

Gosh what a saga and yet another reason for me to loathe the wedding industry and Thr entitlement that's built up around it.

Op you have a fabulous day, what you are doing sounds wonderful.

ChippingInWadesIn Sat 08-Feb-14 21:10:45

Really - you should explain to your Aunt that DS would settle much better if he had 2 nights there smile

wink

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time, a great wedding and a fabulous marriage x

FuckingWankwings Mon 10-Feb-14 11:00:21

Nice one, OP. Have a wonderful time!

LaGuardia, your post is outrageous. How dare you?

Kelpie1975 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:46:12

YANBU. Wear the dress - you'll be performing a public service.

The hotel shouldn't be pandering to a stuck-up bridezilla who thinks she can pay for the right to pretend she's the only bride in the whole wide world.

The more people who act to puncture the Princess Amazing, it's MY day that's all about ME myths, that fuel the staggering sense of entitlement some brides have, the better weddings will become for everybody.

squoosh Mon 10-Feb-14 13:59:44

What an entertaining thread.

What a gorgeous dress.

What a moronic hotel policy.

What a chic wedding you're planning.

Enjoy our day!

squoosh Mon 10-Feb-14 14:00:21

HA! That should say 'enjoy YOUR day'. I'm not planning on crashing it. grin

sillymillyb Mon 10-Feb-14 14:34:55

Sqoosh that made me proper giggle, would you have worn cream too?! grin

squoosh Mon 10-Feb-14 14:46:59

I will be wearing would have worn an 80's-tastic Princess Diana type dress and insist the hotel staff fluff it up every few minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now